High Tide Aquatics

Mitchell Canyon, Mount Diablo, California

kinetic

Supporting Member
Headed out to Mount Diablo today, more specifically mitchell canyon. There were a few blooming wildflowers, but the hills were nowhere near what I've heard is the real caliber of what it can offer to flower enthusiasts. We did a long hike, which was really nice since today was extremely warm, sunny, and just extremely pleasant. I'm so glad I wasn't in an office today.

Here are the pictures from the shoot:
http://flickr.com/photos/kinetic/tags/sfbasmountdiablospring/show/

And of course a few teasers so you'll actually go look at the photos:

[quote author=alve link=topic=3522.msg40144#msg40144 date=1207805741]
Very nice pictures Art! Wish I could take pictures like that.
[/quote]

A little patience with the wind, acceptance of bugs crawling up your shorts, eager to roll around in dirt and poison oak in some cases, and a 50mm f/1.8 and a 105mm f/2.8 macro, you can definitely do it too =) hehe.

I got some weird bug bites, and probably some poison oak, and a lot of dirty clothes, but it was fun!

I have a Canon EOS Rebel XTi and was wondering if the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens is any good for this camera? Any other macro lens you would recommend for this camera?
Thanks

Thanks Tony, I am looking into buying one of these. I still won't be able to take any pictures close to what Art shows here but at least I might be able to take some kind of decend coral and nature pictures.

I'm partial to this one
2401479365_a7b3b97142.jpg

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3522.msg40155#msg40155 date=1207808181]
I have been looking into buying one for a few years lol. I just need to drop down the cash one of these days.
[/quote]

You can also look into 3rd party macro lenses as well. All my macro shots are with a Sigma 105mm F/2.8

It's a great lens and does a good job as you can see. Just an option, though if you can afford it get the Canon 100mm ;)

I know it is a lot of cash to put down for one of these. I will need to buy a chiller before summer starts and I can't get both. Guess it will have to be the chiller and the lens has to wait or I might not have any corals left after summer to take pictures of with a macro lens... :)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3522.msg40339#msg40339 date=1207966154]
Too bad Art doesn't sell his camera stuff like aquariums, the club would look like a bunch of paparazzi :D
[/quote]

haha you're wrong there jeremy, you just don't see my for sale ads on reef sites ;) j/k I've sold rich my D70, and I got a lot of my gear from Alan (hyacinth). I just sold my first lens this week though, but nothing like how I used to sell all my tanks ;)

Back