Cali Kid Corals

Monterey Bay Aquarium Visit

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Some really cool pics from our trip we thought you guys may enjoy!

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

GreshamH said:
So who gave you the BTS tour?

John Lambert! We just met the guys while he was feeding Mysis to the exhibits. Super cool guy. He showed us those fancy Plasma lights too...not very impress with it just jet as far as color/power. But dang, it's pretty freakin bright when run at full power.

It's new Mike, well, with in the last year :D It's a "temp" exhibit though so best to get there with in a year or two. They typically last two years IIRC.

Amazing photos! My membership in BAR might be rescinded, because my favorite photo shows the penguins with their names on their arm bands.

Nice pics, you've got some photo skills. I was lucky enough to be there last sat night for a wedding reception but didn't get a chance to see the reef tank. thanks for sharing.

Hmmm but their cloning machine seems to have sent two of you back :(

Thanks Robert for sharing these nice pictures, man I want to go the MA after seeing these . You are really good at photographing, that is a critical skill for aquarium store owner these days :)

GreshamH said:
It's new Mike, well, with in the last year :D It's a "temp" exhibit though so best to get there with in a year or two. They typically last two years IIRC.
Maybe a certain reef club could get the fish and corals when they dismantle it. :D

nudibranch said:
GreshamH said:
Maybe a certain reef club could get the fish and corals when they dismantle it. :D

OR maybe not (hard to tell if they are allowed to give it away)... they are an AZA facility and many of those do not give coral away. Some of what is on display is confiscated stuff from USF&WS. They also aren't taking down all the reefs, they'll still keep the non rotating displays they've had for years now.

Back