Cali Kid Corals

Monti question

Nav

The outer ring of my green Monti Cap is almost 1cm close to the overflow box. How can I avoid it from encrusting/attaching to the overflow box?

I'm fine if it does but after that, a slight shake to the main rock and its going to break apart...

tumblr_nh9xnfI2Tw1tbt0zro1_1280.jpg

I guessed that's the only solution. I'm afraid that I'll break the whole colony into halves :(

Can I not stuff a piece of plastic between the monti & overflow?

if you break a piece off that you don't want, send it my way. I just got back from a 2 week vacation and it looks like the one you gave me before didn't make it.

if you break a piece off that you don't want, send it my way. I just got back from a 2 week vacation and it looks like the one you gave me before didn't make it.
Was planning to stick on another rock and let it grow, if it breaks into more than one chunk, you get one :)

Months grow like weeds.
I break off big chunks all the time.
The will take over. Keep them down low in the tank or they will block all the light

Reactions: Nav
In my customers tank she has a 3 foot pink monti. It chips and breaks all the time gives the coral more character and more spirals. You can be pretty aggressive with this coral. Just break it off and put the frag on another part of your tank

I have pieces of month that broke off and started growing where they fell. Even if it did not break cleanly, the colony won't mind in the slightest. That's a nice morph by the way. Did it have a name when you got it?

It's just a neon green monti :) here's an update... I recently tried changing a bit of my rockscape and I couldn't believe the monti accidentally hit the overflow box and it broke exactly where I wanted to trim it ;) it's a very small piece now mounted in another end of the tank to grow...

Back