Kessil

Montipora digitata eating Nudibranch

Wrasses, lots of them. You can also do manual removal with a baby turkey baster, or iodine dips. It's hard in a fully stocked tank. I did the manual removal myseld, paying great attention to the egg casings. I finally got rid of them. Maybe Rich will chime in on how he did it.

I was hoping for a chemical tank treatment. This infestation is in a prop tank so I took all the affected colonies out and broke off the areas the had been eaten. After reading your reply this morning I went one by one and looked at all the remounted frags through a magnifier and couldn't find anymore eggs or nudibranchs. I read somewhere that they lay eggs on surrounding substrate as well so I guess I'll have to keep a lookout for a while.

There is a chemical treament. Mitch Carl posted on on RC, I'll need to find the file on my computer. Maybe Rich will remember?

Gresham,
I would appreciate the link. I don't bother with RC anymore. I always get the sorry search feature is only for paying members right now.

I can't find it right now either, and rc is goofy.
It was a heavy duty vet prescription drug, and IIRC hasn't been used in a full reef tank. He moved the effected colonies to a q tank for the 24 hour treatment.

He moved the effected colonies to a q tank for the 24 hour treatment.

That would work assuming they didn't lay eggs on anyting still in the main tank. I tried Flat X on one I put in a tupperware overnight. It looked like most of them fell off but I'm not sure if it killed the eggs because they didin't look any different.

How about TMCC (Tropic Marin Coral Cure)? It's supposed to be the one. I'll see, Frank (Burr of Tropical Reef Oasis) is bringing me two bottles to the swap. If you PM him or email him, he'll bring some up for you as well. Talk to him soon though, supplies are running out.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread for a moment, but can this stuff along with Reef Dip make a good preventative care regiment before adding corals to the main tank? I'll probably be making a quarentine tank to treat/prevent a breakout of "bad stuff" in my tank.

Back