Kessil

Monzer's tank restart

Put the shed, or a reduced version such as just the roof, on skids or wheels.
No longer a permanent structure, and should still function to keep sun/crud out.
If you have to, you can move it away from the fence when city checks, then move it back.
Of course, that could be easier said than done. But if you are demoing it anyway,
it might not be too hard.

Are you sure that was the neighbor that complained???
In the distant past my parents had an issue, and it was some busybody way up the street.

Put the shed, or a reduced version such as just the roof, on skids or wheels.
No longer a permanent structure, and should still function to keep sun/crud out.
If you have to, you can move it away from the fence when city checks, then move it back.
Of course, that could be easier said than done. But if you are demoing it anyway,
it might not be too hard.

Are you sure that was the neighbor that complained???
In the distant past my parents had an issue, and it was some busybody way up the street.

That’s a great idea... and the irony of it is, the inspector said as long as it’s temporary/movable.

I am pretty sure it’s the back neighbor. None of my other neighbors can see the shed as it is blocked by trees from both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea why there are a lot bubbles in the sump?
It’s only in the refugium.

5dac196a141fa64fbd692af7f95092ae.jpg

5d82e146dc93b69e7a73feefca33cd6c.jpg

5d325a5ea15d840f52f972cfc624121b.jpg

I’ve never seen that in a sump though. Getting strange algae growth with bubbles on top

I’ve seen it in refugiums. The O2 bubbles get trapped in algae growing on the chaeto. See if it is only there when the refug light is on.

I would say a combination.
Algae producing it.
But also, algae trapping micro-bubbles from your return and skimmer. Making small bubbles larger.

I would say a combination.
Algae producing it.
But also, algae trapping micro-bubbles from your return and skimmer. Making small bubbles larger.

Interesting point. Let me see if there are bubbles coming from the skimmer/ return area.

It looks like it’s a combination of photosynthesis, skimmer and return bubbles.

When the Refugium light is on, I see a lot of bubbles accumulating on chaeto. When the refugium light is off, I don’t see any in the refugium side. Though that’s when I noticed very small bubbles coming from/near the skimmer.

Any suggestions? Or should I not worry about it?

Last edited:
Tested this morning my levels and noticed my phosphates are .15 and nitrates are above 10. Not exactly sure why all of a sudden things went out of wack. Planning to do a water change tomorrow.

The good news is Caroline algae is finally growing.
cdf7f53da92d7a1b24bd16e4395a2f6c.jpg

The not so hot news, is that too much crap floating in the water. Some are micro bubbles while others are just some other micro organisms.

Also this morning I picked up this awesome colony from Will @Wlachnit. Can’t wait to see this baby grow.

b99a2e5b5cff2171340b8bd392d6bb0e.jpg

More updates after tomorrow’s water change

There is a disturbance in the force...
48fa41e5bd70ae20af5f71c462a96238.jpg

For some reason I am getting this strange algae growth on the crushed corals... what even more strange is all my parameters look great except for phosphate... today it registered at .11

My phosphates have typically been under .05. This is the highest it’s been.

Any idea what might cause this?

Back