Mother colony of pink cyphastrea

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by wfong, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

I hope someone get a frag on this side of the bay

2. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

3. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

Okay, I'll put you down on the want list.
    Thank you for your interest in this coral

4. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

Bruce, I have you down on my frag to order list. Thank you

5. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

Dear Kensington Reefer,
    I'll try my best to fill everyone order.

6. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

sweet thank you

7. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Many thanks
    I'm in no hurry.
    I just wanted someone in my area to get a piece for future fragging
    And always looking for a carrier to chauffeur frags and hardware between members

8. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

I meant to ask if these require different light and flow conditions to encrusting Cyphastrea?

9. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

My tank is 24" deep. The pink branching cyphastrea is sitting right on the bottom on the left hand side. On the left side, I grow this coral under Kessil 360N , channel 1 (100%) channel 2 (100% white) and supplemented by two 54 watts T5 bulbs for spread. One blue plus and one super actinic. I would say they like the same light condition as encrusting Cyphastrea. More important, this Cyphastrea need very good current flow to do well. Hope this answer your question.

10. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

Looking forward to buying some Lachnit Pink Cyphastrea one day to match my Lachnit Spongoides!

11. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

It does...thanks, very helpful! I have pretty much the same light setup (Kessil360+T5) except I only run about 50% white.
    I'm curious, do you run with 100% white to get better growth, or is it just because you like the look?

12. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

my guess is growth

13. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

With a 24" inch deep tank and with so many species of acropora growing together in harmony , the Kessil 100% white light helps the bright light loving corals. On top of all these on the right side is a MH 400 watt radium power by a PFO ballast pushing out 475 watts of power. My lighting is truly a hybrid lighting.