Kessil

MP40 help

Solitaryensis

Supporting Member
Hi:

I recently picked up a wetside and dryside from two separate people but can’t seem to get
my MP40 to work. The wetside feels a little stiff when I try and turn the impeller by hand. I’ve taken it apart and done a vinegar soak and there are no obvious signs of obstruction. The dry side sounds like its working fine.

Does anyone have thoughts on what might be going on? Better yet, does someone local (Albany/Berkeley) have a spare MP40 that I can use to test to figure out which size is causing issues? @Kensington Reefer ?

Thanks in advance!

The MP pumos have a spacer for different glass thickness; make sure you have it set to the correct setting for your tank's glass.
Open the wet side and check the magnet, it should spim freely; remove the plastic covering; I believe it twists off

The MP pumos have a spacer for different glass thickness; make sure you have it set to the correct setting for your tank's glass.
Open the wet side and check the magnet, it should spim freely; remove the plastic covering; I believe it twists off

I’ve done all that and nothing seems to work. The impeller spins but does so with some resistance. The impeller doesn’t slide on and off the shaft thee smoothly so im guessing it needs a new shaft. Of course ecotech doesn’t sell that piece separately.

i can stop by and check it out, have you ever had one before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I currently have an mp10 running on my 30. I don’t wanna take time out of your day but if you have the time maybe you can swing by. Or I can bring the unit over one of these days and check out your new set up. I finally got some water in mines! :)
Ho

sure either works, text me if you still have my number, i'm home tonight, and we can test yours on my mp40 and see which part is faulty

I actually had this same problem when I bought a used mp10. The propeller wouldn't spin and had a bit of resistance to it. From my understanding if the wetside has any resistance to it the dry side is not strong enough to spin it. I had to buy a new wetside and when I tested the new wetside it had zero resistance and worked perfectly.

Back