Cali Kid Corals

Mr. Ugly's Montipora incrassata

iani

Supporting Member
coralshots2of6February232009copycop.jpg

I got this from Norm a while back as a tiny frag. This piece came from liveaquaria.com as a wild colony. This isn't an ordinary monti cap. This is the brightest coral in my tank. 2 frags available.

Rules
3 frags back to dbtc before you sell or trade this coral
You must give me back a frag if I so happen to loose my colony
Have a tank journal
Have an established tank with SPS (1 year old)
Pick up at tank tour, next BOD meeting, or in SF.

Hi! I'd love to take a frag of this. I have the beginnings of my 180 in wall tank journal already started, but this would be going into my well established 80 gallon Elos until the new tank gets going. It would be easiest for me to pick up in SF some time.

Can I try a frag too? I can pick up in sf also. Thanks

here's my tank thread

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5459.0

Alright, I'll pick two I think are the most qualified tomorrow. How long has everyone's tank been set up?

Wow! Beautiful green! I'd like to get in line for the next round, after my tank is rid of flatworms. :( My Monti frags are growing and doing well. :) I have red, purple, apricot/pink, and green would balance them colorwise. I actually like Montis more than branching SPSs. Shhh... Don't tell anyone. ;)

The tank itself has been setup for 3 years. first year was a fowlr. Second year did lps and softies. Been adding sps since BAYMAC and been successful.

Mine has been up in its current state (80 gallon) for 2 years, although I have had a reef tank consistently for the past 10 years. Tank is very stable. This will actually be my first DBTC participation, although I just fragged a whole bunch of AoGs and Nuclear Greens to donate once they heal up.

Montipora incrassata, also known as Pitted Rice Coral :D

Interesting growth pattern on this monti. It can form plates, but it also grows branches that look like clumps of short grain rice all stuck together.

Alright, I decided on 4 small frags Bluetang_2000, eight, zambavi, and 70cuda. Everyone gets one. PM me on when you want to pick up. Sherri, when you are ready let me know. I'll frag a piece for you too.

[quote author=kurplunk link=topic=6529.msg84405#msg84405 date=1235579816]
I have a cap that looks very similar and just as bright. I bought it 2 years ago as the Tyree Aquituburculata. Awesome piece!
[/quote]

Ian and I are doing a side by side to see how similar they are. So far one thing I've noticed is that the Tyree piece (it actually came from Tracy Grey originally) has larger nodules and isn't as yellow green as the incrassata, it's more of a straight up green.

Back