Neptune Aquatics

My 170g cube

Beautiful tank! I’m super surprised that you have minimal aggression with all of those herbivores! Good job, you must be doing something right!
I really think it is because they all (except the scopas and foxface) lived together for about a year before I got them. The purple tang gets a hair up his butt once in a while but no one nips fins or persists a chase.

There was a convict tang who was actively trying to kill the scopas tang and yellow tangs. Those three were hiding in a corner out of fear until I caught him. That fish was evil.

Forgot the picture
6730b67852a5bdd287b12ed02865613d.jpg

I ordered one on Amazon last night with a power supply for this exact reason.

I need to find the long term solution to my low ph problem but the scrubber is enough for now. Bought a 5gal bucket of soda lime for the reactor for $90 (BRS wants $50 for 9lbs) so it is supplied for a while none the less.

When was the last time you calibrated the probe? They do tend to drift over time. The double junction ones are better at staying calibrated but will still drift too.

The thing that improved my ph the most has been my refugium. You said you have an algae reactor but I don’t think that would hold enough chaeto to have much of an impact on the ph. You’ve got a lot more fish than me but I’ve taken out my skimmer and just use the chaeto as my sole source of nutrient export and for ph (I don’t do water changes either).

When was the last time you calibrated the probe? They do tend to drift over time. The double junction ones are better at staying calibrated but will still drift too.

The thing that improved my ph the most has been my refugium. You said you have an algae reactor but I don’t think that would hold enough chaeto to have much of an impact on the ph. You’ve got a lot more fish than me but I’ve taken out my skimmer and just use the chaeto as my sole source of nutrient export and for ph (I don’t do water changes either).
I recalibrate my probe last week because my apex crashed and lost its memory.

The algae reactor is nowhere near big enough for this water volume. Its originally a biopellet reactor, I forget which one. I think aquamaxx. 5" diameter and 14" tall, approximately.

My current sump isn't configured for a fuge. I've considered switching to an external Skimmer and using that compartment for a fuge. Or making a baffle anemone using half of the return compartment but that's too small to really be useful.

I want to add a frag tank to this system after we move. I could put a refugium in line on the drain from the frag tank easily.

I ordered one on Amazon last night with a power supply for this exact reason.

I need to find the long term solution to my low ph problem but the scrubber is enough for now. Bought a 5gal bucket of soda lime for the reactor for $90 (BRS wants $50 for 9lbs) so it is supplied for a while none the less.
Were did you get the soda lime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cha-ching. There you go. What program do you use to make your STL files with?
Started with tinkercad since it's so intuitive. Slowly getting away from tinkercad and to fusion360 but it's a steep learning curve since I have no formal education on engineering or CAD. All self taught with a year experience in a cnc machine shop 15 years ago.

Back