Reef nutrition

My 210 restart.

Well looks like I'm getting chloramine break through again. My blocks lasted me a little over a year. Man goes to show always treat your ro water.

This could be the reason I'm slowly losing my sps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well looks like I'm getting chloramine break through again. My blocks lasted me a little over a year. Man goes to show always treat your ro water.

Yep, I eventually went to a 6 stage RODI, mostly to deal with Chloramines.

Doubt it's the cause.
Use prime.

If your TDS reading is zero, should you be worried about chloramine?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tds won't should chloramine. It's not a dissolve solid. Test with total chlorine tester. Looks like I've been topping off with chloramine water for awhile.

Tds won't should chloramine. It's not a dissolve solid. Test with total chlorine tester. Looks like I've been topping off with chloramine water for awhile.

Dang.. I never knew that. Guess I should go buy a chorine test kit. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just wondering how it was going with GHL equipment.
Controller in general?
Alk monitor?

I haven't transition fully over. Just using the p4 and director. I had a pump failure on the director and awaiting sending it back.

If your TDS reading is zero, should you be worried about chloramine?
Yes, but not for the reasons you think. I seem to recall that DI resin will take care of chloramine so if you read zero TDS your resin is still working well, so any chloramine that does get through is being taken care of, but the TDS number itself doesn't detect chloramines. That said, chloramines will damage your RO membrane by shortening its life, which means more garbage gets through which means you burn through resin much quicker. So periodically testing your output before it goes into your RO membrane with test strips is good practice, afterall you can NOT trust municipal water supplies with the exact amount that is in the water.

Just tested with new carbon blocks and sediment filters and new resins

db38b7679ec45620bcd8b3bc403983b9.jpg

adec6497dff31ae7a45f536519489cf9.png

Mine was @ 0.22ppm out so the carts we're definitely shot. Time to update my reminders to check more often.

Both DI and Carbon will capture Chloramines.
But refillable activated carbon lasts about 5 times as long, costs less, and helps preserve RO membrane.
Down side is the activated carbon also treats the waste water.

Back