my 40 breeder SPS reef for sale...

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by kvosstra, Feb 22, 2010.

1. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Since my wife and I are expecting our first child in May, and planning to move in June...its now or never for the sale. I hate to get out, but its a nice chance to get a few of my rarer colonies! Raspberry prostrata, the Surf N. Turf, Blue Orgazims, etc.

Currently looking for 3 options
    1. Buy the whole shebang...hardware and livestock
    2. Buy all the livestock
    3. Buy some livestock

I'm not going to part the hardware, its either all sold together, or I'm taking it with me to Philly. Just need to pack it and put it into the POD.

more info here.
    http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801186

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Philly is nice, check out The Hidden Reef :)

3. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Will do Gresh! Thanks for the tip!

I'm sending a box with 75 SPS to Philly in the next week or two, so Ill be able to restart and share quite a few frags with the community as well! I hope we can all do a box trade some day with different corals from the different coasts.

We'll see how this sale goes - I'd like to keep the tank, but I'm realistic in the amount of time I have, the fact that that time will go to the baby and the new job and that Ill probably move 2 more times in the next year or two...which suggests that reefing is not the best hobby right now.

Best,
    -Kyle

4. SoulFish

SoulFish Guest

I'm intrested in your Clam and some corals, the rasberry specifically, and the Fla ricordias

5. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Fixed!!!

Although I do envy the proximity to D'Lorenzo's, that is one hell of a pie, IMO as good if not better than anything in N.Y. Good luck Kyle, if you get tired of flaccid surf go down to Indian River Inlet in Delaware, it will remind you of home :)

6. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Any pics?

7. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

I posted all the pics on the RC post...Ill add a few here for everyone to enjoy though!

[img width=640 height=425]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Z_cyj7O5i84/S3ToUQoTysI/AAAAAAAABug/yw8soDQ6bPQ/s800/DSC_1583.JPG[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Z_cyj7O5i84/S3ToVoS7HjI/AAAAAAAABus/5Go_2VBrvHM/s800/DSC_1588.JPG[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Z_cyj7O5i84/S3TobWcfZXI/AAAAAAAABvs/lYuGX3-K9ew/s800/pictures%20501.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=425]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Z_cyj7O5i84/S3TexRQbWrI/AAAAAAAABtY/LizL5bjUZro/s800/DSC_2307.JPG[/img]

8. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Beautiful!
    I guess at some point you need to tear down the tank anyway.
    Moving and a new baby are good excuses.

9. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Agreed - changes can be a good thing - However, I really loved this little tank! Somehow the coral placement worked out "perfectly" in my mind. I think Paul Whitby would be proud of how this was set up, long before I knew about the color wheel ideas.

Anyway, I am going to be patient with this before I part. I have one interested party in the whole set-up already, so Ill post again when I have more info.

Best,
    -Kyle

10. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Tank and livestock are Pending Sale! Ill let you know if it falls through.

Best,
    -Kyle

11. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Thanks to everyone who showed interest in the livestock sale. I was able to find a local buyer and the Livestock for the tank is SOLD!
    As many of you have found out, I cleaned out my frag tank and I will be preparing to go without a tank in the near future.

thankfully, my wife has graciously agreed to let me keep this small tank - So, we will try our best to pack everything up and get the tank to philadelphia in one piece, if that does'nt work, then Ill just have to get a replacement tank and use the hardware for that new setup.

I shipped a frag of all my corals to Philly and hope to re-setup in July. I attempted to ship 2 or 3 of each frag, and so I started the DBTC process with the DVRC (Deleware Valley Reef Club). I hope to acquire a number of the unique pieces from this area and hope that we can have a cross country trade at some point in the future. I plan on utilizing a full coral quarantine tank, so rest assured, I will quarantine each coral before we plan to ship anything...not to say that most of you wont do the same anyway.

This has been an absolutely wonderful reef club - I have had such a wonderful time meeting all of you! I will continue to be a member of this forum for many years to come. I will try to be better about my tank logs, especially since I get to start from scratch!

We are planning on moving in early to Mid June - and while that's still a few months away, I fear my time will be limited. Thanks again to everyone!

Best.
    -Kyle

12. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Your corals are in good hands Kyle.

Good luck in Philly, make sure to have a Tacconelli's pizza right away to smooth out the transition!

13. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Thanks Jeremy,

I agree that my former corals are in good hands!
    In addition, I know that the guys in DVRC are solid people and I will make a lot of great reefing friends out there -

-Kyle

14. tuberider

tuberider Guest

A very obsessed crowd the Philly boys are, I'd drive 3 hours to go to a store out there, here.... bah, I'd rather surf :D

15. tuberider

tuberider Guest

16. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

...WEll - I have some dramatic change in plans - My purchaser found out that he has AEFW in his tank and we agreed to back out of the deal to buy my corals. Obviously I am disappointed, as I will almost certainly have to part out the tank - and my wife absolutely HATES having people come by the house all the time.

Bummer!

Ill be fragging tonight and will post WYSIWYG pics of the larger colonies. I will then most likely have to make frag packs and ship them, since, most of you have a piece of everything I already have!

-Kyle

17. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Yep..its a bummer! Let me know if you are interested in large colonies! Otherwise, they'll be broken down soon!

The largest colonies are my Raspberry prostrata and Surf N' Turf.

-Kyle

18. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

Hey Kyle, I'm interested in purchasing some frags. :)

19. philly cheese steak at PAT,yummy

lapsan

20. kvosstra

kvosstra Guest

Love them cheesesteaks!

John - Ill post some pics soon - I'd really, really still prefer to sell to just a few folks, and not have to split the colonies into a million frags! So, Ill probably post large pieces first, before getting down to the small frags. My wife is not to keen on people in and out of the house, especially since she's very pregnant at this point. All-in-all - I hope to find a similiar buyer or 2 or 3 folks who want the entire colonies.

-Kyle