Cali Kid Corals

My 40G breeder tank

[quote author=fishme link=topic=5108.msg66717#msg66717 date=1228194268]
great work on the stand.
[/quote]
Didn't come out like I wanted Andy but I learn some stuff after building this stand. I think I need to build like 10 more to get really good ;D ..

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=5108.msg66720#msg66720 date=1228194717]
Kreg Pocket Holes, right? :p

V
[/quote]

Not sure if it's Kreg or not.. I borrow it from another member.. I will get one for myself for sure. I love the thing :D ..

I have light :eek: :eek:

T5 only
tankwithT5.jpg

T5 and MH.. I will replace all the bulbs later on. This is too yellow/white for me..
tankwithT5andMH.jpg

put a fish in there to start the cycle... The LFS said this fish is very hardy.. ;D
fishes.jpg

Somehow I think reef tank + reef tank would look much better than a reef tank + turtle tank :D ;D
40and12.jpg

Check out this thread you haven't seen it..
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5443.0

I think I will use this tank for the turtle and making the other one for reef. I will need to make sure the stand is prefectly level before filling water this time. This will push the setup back several weeks. The holidays are coming soon. I don't think I will have much time working on this. I need to figure out how to keep the sand live for several weeks. It's freaking cold outside at night and I can't have buckets in the house. :(

rubbermaid tubs in the garage? Cover them up and toss some styrofoam around the outside of them. Having 20-30g of water in them w/ a heater and powerhead will do wonders. If you really need it, I can keep a few tubs at my place but you'd have to provide everything (tub, pump, heater)

Did you test how level stand was with leveler under a load, sometimes stands seem level till you put them under a load then all the highs and lows appear,if its not level you can fix then im sure tank would be fine. What you were probably seeing was stress points on glass edges due to the stand. *just a thought

Couldn't do much today because I'm still trying to level the stand. Anyway, I install a shelf for the ballast and power strip. Install a light on the side. A little stand for the 10G topoff tank. The stand was actually a canopy for a 10G tank. I got it for free from someone a long time ago. I was using it as a chair ;D ..
insideofthestand.jpg

I refilled the tank. The chaeto is from Aldie. Going to put more water in the next couple day. I have about 70 lbs of sand in there. 60lbs are livesand. I also have some base rock in there. I don't think I will use much rock for this tank. I will just have a piece here and there. Want to do something different. ;D

cycling.jpg

It will stay there :) .. I'm trying to figure out to paint the logo on the light fixture too. Most of my corals are from BAR's DBTC. ;D

Back