Our mission

My 75G Reef Build

picked up some corals over the weekend @ Neptune Aquatics and here are some pics for you guys/gals:

100_0910.jpg

100_0919.jpg

100_0917.jpg

100_0914.jpg

100_0913.jpg

100_0912.jpg

Mr. Shrimpy
100_0916.jpg

and finally the true couple trying to run away from the tang before he lets one rip...LoL
100_0915.jpg

thank god my unicorn tang fought through the ich infestation...he literally had it all over his body but started to improve after i started to feed him brine/krill/nori soaked in garlic juice...does this mean he is less likely to catch ich again? BTW HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

havent really updated for a while...nothing new just purchased some coral over the past couple of weeks and starting to see some purple on the rocks...here are some pics of corals i picked up:

Pink bubble tip anemone
100_0949.jpg

100_0953.jpg

Pink birdsnest
100_0951.jpg

Not sure what kind of acro this is but i like the color
100_0952.jpg

so yesterday i started to see little white "bugs" on the glass walls of my tank and scraped them off with my cleaning magnet but i came home today to see a motherload of them everywhere...are these parasites good or bad? all of my parameters seem to be in good shape...anyone have any ideas what they might be?

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=3368.msg76502#msg76502 date=1232693962]
Could they be copepods? If so, they are good.
[/quote]

i think they might be...oval shaped with black on the body?

for the past several days my frogspawn looked like it was stretching for the light and there were a couple of "branches" that was wayyy longer than others...yesterday i turned on the halides to find two tiny neon green things at the bottom of my tank. not sure what it is but it seems like the frogspawn released it so i pick the two pieces up and threw em inside a little cup with tiny rocks in my sump...is that what im supposed to do?

not 100% sure what you are describing, but it sounds like sweaper tenticles. The second part sounds like babies polys falling outo f the body. This may happen with severe imbalance of alk/mg/ca. /shrug

past month or so ive been battling with ich and majority of my fishes wasnt able to make it except for my sixline and my fire fish. several water changes have been made and all parameters are lookin good so far. since then i have added a couple of new things to my tank coral and fish wise. got some daisy, a ricordia and a gorgonia along with some yellow anthias, 4 pajama cardinals and a bangaii cardinal...also looks like my frogspawn is growing another head...here are some pics for you guys to enjoy:

Fishtank011-1.jpg

Fishtank009-1.jpg

Fishtank008-1.jpg

Fishtank007-1.jpg

Fishtank005-1.jpg

Fishtank004-1.jpg

tank still got a lot of space so im slowly purchasing coral and trying to get some from dbtc...anyone have any corals they dont want anymore? ;D

Phong Ive had one for a long time. It reaches from the ground to top of tank. Only thing is its purple brown so not very exciting. I can frag you a piece if you like.

Thanks Amy, I just want the yellow with blue/white polyps ;D. I think this one is one of the harder to keep.
bigdeeezy, hopefully you can keep it for a long time. Do you feed your tank with anything?

also, I would request the MOD to move this thread to Members tank Journals forum.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3368.msg83815#msg83815 date=1235451891]
Thanks Amy, I just want the yellow with blue/white polyps ;D. I think this one is one of the harder to keep.
bigdeeezy, hopefully you can keep it for a long time. Do you feed your tank with anything?

also, I would request the MOD to move this thread to Members tank Journals forum.

[/quote]

i actually dont feed my tank anything except for brine/mysis for the fishes other than that i try to keep my water parameters just right

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3368.msg83818#msg83818 date=1235453352]
I don't think it will live long if you don't feed anything. I would start feeding the tank Oyster Feast from Reefnutrition....
[/quote]

yea i still need to pick up a bottle from AS

[quote author=bigdeeezy link=topic=3368.msg86221#msg86221 date=1236149627]
[quote author=Elite link=topic=3368.msg83818#msg83818 date=1235453352]
I don't think it will live long if you don't feed anything. I would start feeding the tank Oyster Feast from Reefnutrition....
[/quote]

yea i still need to pick up a bottle from AS
[/quote]

Or you could spot feed it Mysis, brine, or even fish food if it will take it. I see you have a Ricordia too. It will also like to be fed. I alternate between spot feeding and Oyster Feast. Seems to work well so far. :) Watch for food stealers though... :D

yea ive been spot feeding it and they love it...here are some more updated pics for you guys to enjoy

Fishtank001-1.jpg

got this guy for 3.49 @ petco because they didnt have a price for him and gave it to me for the price of pajama cardinals
Fishtank003-1.jpg

Fishtank004-2.jpg

Fishtank005-2.jpg

Fishtank002-2.jpg

Fishtank008-2.jpg

heres the lavender frilly mushroom i got from jeff and about 2 weeks later it split into 2 so one is soon to be back in dbtc also the urchin i traded him
Fishtank012.jpg

Fishtank013.jpg

Fishtank016.jpg

Fishtank017.jpg

Back