got ethical husbandry?

My Acclimation/Coral Dipping Set Up

Thanks for the info Enderturtle and everyone else. In early stages of planning the stocking of classroom tank and am planning out a QT for fish and maybe corals. Need to find time to search out more info...

Ask @Enderturtle about tank transfer method. It's pretty much the best way to guarantee that your fish don't have ich although it is a pain in the ass.

+1 on tank (bucket) transfer for fish. Once you have the parts, it is really easy, so disagree on that last part.

For coral, I use both Bayer and Revive, one at a time, but fairly short dip time.
That method did not spare me from Aptasia, Majanos, and various algae.
But so far, no redbugs, or other of the usual critter pests.
Generally corals I get do well after those dips, until I kill them some other way of course.

+1 on tank/bucket transfer. It's pretty easy but not fool proof.

I just had an outbreak of ich. I must have screwed up somewhere and contaminated the clean water somehow. It was quite virulent. From 1st signs, it took 5 days to wipe out almost all my fish.

2 Picassos, Coral Beauty, Exquiste wrasse, Midas, and a few others.

Now I'm supposed to leave my tank fallow for 72days but I can't catch my Melanarus. I've taken every rock out and into dry buckets, stirred up all the sand but no wrasse. He magically reappeared the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back