got ethical husbandry?

My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

You can get away with 4 if you willing to give up sps on the edges. And don't tell me you won't do sps. Everyone gets hooked. Some stay in it, some quit.

It's not about power either. 3 will light up your tank just fine at close to full power. Just like 4 will be fine for the 750.

It's about spreading the light so you get as many angles as you can.

Of course if you are adamant about only doing LPS n softies then 3 will be fine. But mark my words.

S. P. S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get away with 4 if you willing to give up sps on the edges. And don't tell me you won't do sps. Everyone gets hooked. Some stay in it, some quit.

It's not about power either. 3 will light up your tank just fine at close to full power. Just like 4 will be fine for the 750.

It's about spreading the light so you get as many angles as you can.

Of course if you are adamant about only doing LPS n softies then 3 will be fine. But mark my words.

S. P. S.

I do have some SPS in there lol, but it won't be SPS dominant. So the current thinking is once I figure which SPS I really like (so far Setosa, Bonsai are on the list), I'll grow a giant colonies of that and nothing else.

For the edges I'm putting mushrooms.

Riiiiiiight! We all know what happens to plans!

Once your 1st few acros encrust and really start to grow, you'll be looking to see what else you can grow as well.

Definitely that. You start growing Acros and it's gg.

BTW, that chalice is most likely an alien eye of some sort. Doesn't have the typical colors or the green rim of a watermelon type. It's also not a pink boobie, since this is what one looks like. :)

pink_boobie_040417.jpg

Speaking of acro, the red planet is growing suuuuper slow, 2 months and the base encrust barely leave the plug lol. Very little vertical growth. Hopefully the bonsai will grow faster.

+1 on needing more than 1 more light.
I would say 3 more, and rotate them 90 deg.
It is not just total light, but shadows.
Fortunately, you can slowly add light. Although not that slowly, since after a year or two,
they will stop making the same fixture.

Mock up of my manifold.

3/4" on main line
Gate valve to tune head pressure
3 reducing tees to 1/2 JG fitting for dual reactor, fuge, possible bio pellet later
Unions (too many)

I'm using red PVC in the final build but doesn't seem like it will matter.
cceb7c74a947faf4048c75e55629d1b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Is there going to be lots of flow lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Compare to just a silicone tube from pump to barb that I'm using right now? For sure I will lose some flow. Though I try to minimize the number of elbows. Some people even route their pipe onto the ceiling and do a U turn to connect to redsea pipe. I probably will get an L1 eventually.

Back