Jestersix

My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

Your tank is looking great! What a colorful assortment of corals you have already. I really like the open swimming space and room on the sand bed. Is that a big Nephthea?

I'm sure the light that the Mitras give off is perfectly fine but I didn't really like the boxy form factor. Yours are contained in your hood so you don't see them but mine are exposed and part of the look of the tank. I like that the ap700's are slim and black. This is ultimately why I chose not to do the diy ones. I couldn't find a way to do it cleanly.

Premium Aquatics has them Mitras LX7 on sale right now for $637 pretty damn good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Random night time pic of the rock flower nem

upload_2017-3-22_13-30-39.png

yes, Mike is currently taking a hiatus from reefing. He sold off all his equipment and livestock a few months ago. Hopefully, we'll see him back sooner than later. Once a reefer, always a reefer.

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 12.31.45 PM.png

Gear
Got a second light going. I placed it close to the first to maintain the same PAR at the middle sand bed.

Corals
From @coral4me @Ashalye: More yumas, Jack o lantern leptoseris (which I almost killed giving too much light), garf bonsai, maxi mini nem
Green leather from @Edgar Sandoval

Fish
3 PJ Cardinal and Royal Gramma graduated from QT
Tank has been ich free for one week (cross fingers)

Params
Finally got the dosing dialed in and stabilize alk. Nutrient is getting a high due to heavy feeding (10ppm no3, .18 po4). I'm going to start dosing a little NOPOX

Pests
Brown flat worms is reaching infestation state, I'm going to try a six line wrasse + manual removal
Vemetid snail wack-a-mole continues

Back