Neptune Aquatics

My fish tank

WOW!
I keep telling my wife that some day "all these corals will grow and it will look really cool"
Like yours! A work of art :)

JAR said:
WOW!
I keep telling my wife that some day "all these corals will grow and it will look really cool"
Like yours! A work of art :)

And you can frag and sell them to send the kids to college, too.

Great job Mark. Coming along nicely. Time to gamble and put in some large angels now. LOL.

euod said:
And you can frag and sell them to send the kids to college, too.

Great job Mark. Coming along nicely. Time to gamble and put in some large angels now. LOL.

Thanks. No large angels in this tank. I think it would be a bit on the small side as I have the two centropyge's.

c.jpg

nanocube-boy said:
Can you really add angels in the tank? I assume they eat corals right?

Thats why the name of my thread is "my fish tank" :D I like corals but I like fish even more. Angels nip corals, but rarely do any damage that will actually kill the corals. If they did, then I would need to try something else.

Lyn said:
How far apart do you space your corals for future growth?

Thats funny. Right now they are 3-7" depending on the species. I also have some experiments going on where I am trying to have some corals battle it out to create some stag v table gowths. I want a couple plates that have stags coming through the middle of them.

LOL :) Make sure you post a picture of your stag/table morph! :D

On the spacing,do you purposely give frags space to grow out, or did it just end up that way, or did you move them once they got too big for a spot?

Lyn said:
LOL :) Make sure you post a picture of your stag/table morph! :D

On the spacing,do you purposely give frags space to grow out, or did it just end up that way, or did you move them once they got too big for a spot?

I try to keep the corals spaced out, or at least make sure to mount the corals where they will have a better chance to get the flow they need. I do move some things around from time to time, but its getting harder to relocate them as they continue to grow.

Ah, I see. I was wondering because sometimes I see tanks with tons of frags packed together on the rock and wondered what they do about the growth. Thanks for answering my question. :)

mpoletti said:
The aquascene is in the 2nd photo. I don't have the hawkins so I am unsure which piece you are referring to. Thanks
Ok, then whats the piece below your Aquascene, and how long did it take the A.E. to get that large, i bought some frags from Tim, and the aquascene was one, and it's sloooooooooow growth, but on the positive, at least it's color is dead on. Do you have the Ultimate Rainbow, thats another slow one I got from Tim. I love how many fish you have in there, and I think having the Joculators are worth the reduction in PE.

fishez4alivin said:
Ok, then whats the piece below your Aquascene, and how long did it take the A.E. to get that large, i bought some frags from Tim, and the aquascene was one, and it's sloooooooooow growth, but on the positive, at least it's color is dead on. Do you have the Ultimate Rainbow, thats another slow one I got from Tim. I love how many fish you have in there, and I think having the Joculators are worth the reduction in PE.

Hmmm, the one with the blueish purple tips is one I got from Aquatic gallery about 2 and half years ago. The light purple/lavender one is the Ultimated Purple Monster. The AE takes awhile to base out and it loves the flow. I do have the UR; here is an older picture from a few months ago.
gnewfeb0810076.jpg

And here is the other one I was talking about
gnewfeb0380038.jpg

Back