Neptune Aquatics

My lighting is out, and I really need help

for me? I have a lid, so it doesn't bother me, but the viper sits a bit higher and has nothing blocking the light, it bothers me in the day time as well, same when I see any hanging/clip on light, the presentation is good, but the light isn't focused down enough for me.

I see... Yea this light can be very bright and it's an clip on too, so it does make sense that it's bothering you.

My light better come tomorrow, F... my system have been sitting in alittle dark lately and my corals doesn't look too happy.

he means add some kind of shade under the light above your tank, because you are going from no light to a metal hallide. So something like a sheet of eggcrate or something like that.

yes. Corals dont like change. If you change things too quickly, they get "sick". With light, this is usually seen as bleaching. Bleaching can usually recover but it can sometimes take several months to look normal again.

Yep, I heard about it, but I wasn't sure if it's true; now it is. Where do i get an egg crate anyway? Update about my light. It's been three weeks with artificial lighting, so far, the sun light is doing most of the work, but it's not enough to open my button corals and zoanthids. I just called Chris, at Aq.C and my damn light haven't come yet. I'm start to get a little more apprehensive about this situation and very stress out.

You can get egg crate at Home Depot, but I would go with Gomer's suggestion over mine, because I am too new to the hobby to trust my own advice :p

I used to have 12g jbj w/ 150 viper over it. You will need to acclimate your corals to the intensity of the new light. Also, you will need a chiller and some form of a top off water. I was replacing close to a gallon of water.
I may have missed it but did you resolve you electrical problem? If you were having problems with your electricity when running pc's, you will more than likely have the same problem running halides.

Yea I know for sure i need to acclimate the light. The ballast comes together with the light and yes it's brand new.

The light came today, but F... I wasn't home too pick up the phone so it's too late :(, but i'm picking it up tomorrow hopefully.

Heres my new light and it's aclimating right now. What you guys think?

5810_108681112707_592997707_2153685_527933_n.jpg

Back