Reef nutrition

My little piece of the reef

Wow... this is an impressive setup! Love the stand and custom sump. Looks like you managed to really replicate the Elos tank style DIY.

Fantastic set up and beautiful corals Durwin! I love how you made the sump out of cardboard first. What a great idea! :)

DurTBear said:
Hey Sherri! I wish this was my tank but it's actually Nanoguy's tank!

Oops!, Haha. :bigsmile: I guess I just read your post before mine, so your name stuck in my head. Sorry Nanoguy. Everything I complimented Durwin on, I send to you. :)

BTW Durwin, Your tank is great too! :D

Jimmy,

Wow! I wish I had those kinds of DIY skills! Very nice, very clean!

Noticed the mixer behind the ATB, your other hobby? Mine as well.

Wow, what a professional job, all the way around! I like your lighting setup, that's some serious PAR and color pop. It's a 1st rate setup.

mike1962 said:
Jimmy,

Wow! I wish I had those kinds of DIY skills! Very nice, very clean!

Noticed the mixer behind the ATB, your other hobby? Mine as well.

Mike.....I did some audio production/remixing work when I was younger. What kind of audio work do you do?

Jimmy,

I've been playing keyboards since I was a young lad. My musical style is somewhere between Keith Jarrett and world music with some classical thrown in for fun. I just sequence my own music for kicks. With my current setup I'm using a Duo - Quad Core Mac Pro with 10GB of RAM running Logic Pro. I was using a Digi002 but found Pro Tools to have latency issues with my large plug-ins from EWQL. After making the switch to Logic Pro I now port everything through a Lynx Aurora 8 AD/DA converter and don't have those kinds of problems anymore. My next goal is to eventually set up a nice sized tank, film it, and put music to it. I did this with my current 28G tank in this thread:

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/7164

But I only spent about an hour putting together the music as I wanted to see what the video would actually look like on Youtube and was a bit impatient.

Sorry for the drift into another hobby...Back to your Tank and Stand, which looks really good.

SWEET!!!!
More sweet in person though!
Jimmy has very good DIY skills.
He renovated his basement and did a top notch job.

Back