Cali Kid Corals

My New Apartment...

Mr. Ugly

Past President
...for frogfishes :)

Sorry for the blurry pics.

Set up the new frog house this week :) Still working on it. So far, 4' cubicle tank, sump, Euroreef skimmer, UV sterilizer, 2X ODNO fluorescent lighting with 1 Phillips daylight and 1 ZooMed actinic.

DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

I put the setup together with parts I collected over time.

Tank and skimmer from New Alameda.
Sump from Karson.
Cabinet and canopy from Maynor.
Live rock from Dudley.
Lights from Home Depot.
UV sterilizer that I hadn't used when I had a 100g reverse flow undergravel tank in the pre-reef olden days :)
Miscellaneous stuff from Home Depot and Big Al's Online.
Fish from New Alameda.

Froggy family right now includes 3 mummifer, 3 tuberosus, and 2 maculatus. No pics of the little guys yet.

Heheh... sort of :)

More like I'm setting up a Club Med for froggies, and seeing which ones decide to hook up or get lucky.

I got a 2nd frog to replace the one that died out of the spawning pair(Nemo and Dory). Plus with all the frogs in the cubicles, I'm trying to maximize my chances of more frogfish eggs.

Not much work has been done on captive breeding of frogfish. And captive breeding of new marine fish seems to be one of the big deals now. So I'm getting really into this :)

Still looking for a few more dorehensis, mummifer, and tuberosus. First 2 types are promiscuous breeders, so I can go for multiple males. Don't know how it is for tuberosus/pygmies. Wartskins form actual pairs, and I suspect the 2 I have are male and female.

Back