Our mission

my new frag tank

Just finished building this thing out of scrap plexiglass that I got at a slavage yard now I need help filling it :D :D any volunteers ? :D

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

Didn't you get enough at the swap?

Do you want a pound of flesh? ;D

JK of course. I'll help with what I can in a month or so. Kinda tapped out right now. BTW, where do you find free 1/2" plexi at a salvage yard? I want to go there. ;)

yeah!

Besides didn't we just have a frag swap? You should have a good handful of new frags (unless you got a minicolony :D) so do it man! :D

So what's the deally on that tank?
How are you lighting it?
How are you supplying flow?
Can you work in it? Looks like the shelf above is kind of close.

awesome!

have you thought about moving your frag rack higher up? Also what if a poly or something falls underneath?

I guess you could always lift it.

I'm currently remaking my frag rack into 4 different pieces so I can move them around and such to get around them. Siphoning to clean out the bottom too.

Awesome overflow work though!!

Dyngoe, Raddogs ... yes I got enough but one I put them in there, the thing still look empty :D :D their is a salvage yard in Santa rosa, sometime they have plexiglass for sale by the pound. $1/lb this whole thing cost about $40 in plexiglass 3/4 inch thick. They also sell alot of 65gal heavyduty juice containers that one can use to store water. I think those are $25 ea.

Mrugly, am trying but my frags are boring since I see them all the time :D I need to buy some thing fancy like purple death and or nuke green :D

Sfphysics The tank is 24x24x10 deep, I am lighitng it with 1 175 watt halide using the Iwasaki 15k (par monster) the water is gravity fed by my fuge above the frag tank. The over flow will drains down to my sump and then the main pump will pump everything into the house to my main 210.

Kinetic ... you and I do think alike ;) I have the grids cut into 2 sections, the first section is ziptied to the three prop pieces and the second section is not tie to anything. Their will be 4 ... 2" pvc stand off on top of the first grid. When I need to access the bottom of the tank all I have to do is lift the second section up move it over to the top ection and sit it ontop of the 4 pvc stand off and voila :D

I installed the Iwasaki 15k bulb today .... WOW this bulb is so freaking bright , for a 175watter it is brighter than most 250 watters ... will have pix soon once I install the reflector.

Back