Jestersix

My pics of SE Asia

I recently took a trip to Northern Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I got to visit the famous Chiangchi's TOTM in Bangkok, so somewhere in the middle of set, you will see some shots of his tanks. He is a great guy and his tanks are amazing. He does have someone on staff full time to take care of this tanks though.

Most of the photos are mine, but I also added photos from my girlfriend and my other two road dogs.

Enjoy.

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/jussmeac/ASIA%202008/?albumview=slideshow

Yea, this is aaron. Yea, first trip with the D80, so I had to get it's monies worth. I came back with 50 gigs of pics.

There is pics of VN buried in there somewhere. I was mostly just did Saigon and Hanoi, next time I want to hitup the smaller towns.

If your at all interested, feel free to read up on my travel blog at www.jussmeac.blogspot.com

You shoulda visit Nha Trang.. Very nice beaches. There are places that you can dive to see fish and corals and maybe clams.

Yea, next time. Only had 1 week in VN. Next time I will try and spend more time and get to the islands and beaches!

My friend went to phu quaoc islands after I left and really enjoyed it.

Nha Trang is much better IMO ... Some of the islands the sand so white and the water so clear, you can see fish swimming. Yeah 1 week is not enough. A reason why I haven't gone back there. If I go back, I want to stay for at least 1 month.

Well after being in Hanoi and Saigon, I am sure any beach would of been nice. This was just a teaser of Vietnam for me. I know eventually I will go back and hit it much harder. I really want to try and move somewhere in asia one day.

[quote author=jussmeac link=topic=6007.msg76057#msg76057 date=1232521355]
Well after being in Hanoi and Saigon, I am sure any beach would of been nice. This was just a teaser of Vietnam for me. I know eventually I will go back and hit it much harder. I really want to try and move somewhere in asia one day.
[/quote]

Nice pics Aaron. Looks like you and Jenn had a great time. How were you dealing with the mosquitos? Were they as bad as I've heard? I left VN about 20+ years and have never been back since. Thinking about taking a trip there soon as well with stop over in the Phillipines. And yeah, you should've hit up Nha Trang. I heard there's several marine exporters there that you can visit. They're relatively new so they probably have tons of goodies to look at...especially clams. Anyway, Thanks for sharing the pics.

thanks robert, traveling is one of my passions in life. I eventually want to do a year around the world. Yea, I definitely lagged on the planning for the Vietnam leg of the trip, but at least I got a taste of the country. I heard real good things about Laos, so I think next time will be Laos and Vietnam with a stop in Thailand since I really that country!!

Speaking of clams, I think I may need to grab another one or two from you and start the clam collection over again. I was telling Cerissa how I really liked a few of those you had.

Ughhh, why do you have to be so close to my place!!!???

I am sure I will see you sooner or later and expect an email about that thing we chatted about.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6007.msg76012#msg76012 date=1232500481]
Nha Trang is much better IMO ... Some of the islands the sand so white and the water so clear, you can see fish swimming. Yeah 1 week is not enough. A reason why I haven't gone back there. If I go back, I want to stay for at least 1 month.
[/quote]

That is the ONLY way to travel. I hate "hit and go" trips. Week here, week there, it just doesn't allow me to follow enjoy the place :)

I hear you Gresh, looking back at it I would of still done the 4 weeks in Thailand and then just done two weeks in Cambodia and saved Vietnam for the next trip out. One week in a country is just too tough to really get your bearings straight and by that time it's time to head out. Really tempted to do the whole 'year around the world thingy'!

A whole year is possible. If you run out of money while the trip, you can even grow your own food and hunt down stray dogs...lol. Else, there's always the peanut stuffed fried crickets and salamanders...

Back