Our mission

My Semi-annual upgrade

iani

Supporting Member
At least it seems like it.
The tank will be 48x30x20. Lighting will be 10x54w t5HO. It will be plumbed in with my frag tank and I will be running a MSX-250 skimmer on both. Sump will be 24x24x16, w/ a separate 18x24x22 fuge.

I just got finished building the stand. Thanks to my friends Bill and Boun. It took over 24hrs to build. lol. I think it was worth it all. Here is what I wanted it to look like.

stand2.jpg

Here is a couple shots of the stand. In case you guys are wondering the cut out in the door is to flush mount my reefkeeper elite.

Stand48x30x36.jpg

Stand48x30x36open.jpg

The center brace is removable it is just for show. It bears none of the load. The stand is built like a beast out of only plywood. It must weigh at lease 150 pounds. I also know my handles are a bit crooked which is bothering me a bit right now. lol
Also thanks to Phong who is going to help me pick the tank up.

That looks great Ian. It was great talking to you again. Can't wait to see the end result since our tank are going to be similiar in size and lighting.

That is a cool stand man... wish I can build stand like that :) ..

And who said about deliver the tank.. I might keep it if I like it LOL ..

I'm really going to try. The thing is sitting in the middle of my house. I figure it would look better with water. I was really stuck on what to do with the stand. I kinda like what you did with your doors. I might have to rip some of your ideas off.

[quote author=kurplunk link=topic=4283.msg51829#msg51829 date=1218432013]
I'm really going to try. The thing is sitting in the middle of my house. I figure it would look better with water. I was really stuck on what to do with the stand. I kinda like what you did with your doors. I might have to rip some of your ideas off.
[/quote]
No problem man, hinges are from ikea. 3 hinges for 7 bucks, if you decide to go that route. Just tell them you have ikea cabinets lol.

It will be nice man... I want to keep Sam's tank but I got a funny look from my wife so I didn't >:( ..
I have a bunch of those hinges if you want some Daniel.

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=4283.msg51840#msg51840 date=1218432617]
you know.. i could totally use a new stand.. ;)
[/quote]

;D Same here.. I really like the stand/color..

Ian,
Do you think you will have heat/humidity problem inside the stand?

Possibly Phong. But I won't have much lighting my fuge. My current stand is similar, it does get hot in the stand but nothing to worry about.

[quote author=kurplunk link=topic=4283.msg51839#msg51839 date=1218432557]
I like how the white makes the doors standout when they are closed. Good design.
[/quote]
Yeah, the design was easy to come up with. How to build it was a different matter. I had to ask several friends for opinions on how I should build the thing.

[/quote]

LOL, I'm not building it. hahaha

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4283.msg51842#msg51842 date=1218432892]
[/quote]

;D Same here.. I really like the stand/color..

Ian,
Do you think you will have heat/humidity problem inside the stand?
[/quote]

Phong,

thats exactly the color i had in mind.. we've got good taste in stands

[quote author=iani link=topic=4283.msg51846#msg51846 date=1218433245]
[/quote]

LOL, I'm not building it. hahaha
[/quote]

rats, lol. nice stand man :) it came out great.

Speaking of structural design, when are you going to elaborate on that :) I'm guessing you have some bracing on the top that we can't see plus I'm thinking those sides are are like 1 1/8 subflooring plywood. Am I close? :) I am liking it too by the way.

Back