Our mission

My Semi-annual upgrade

Ha Ian... I was thinking about telling you to glue a piece of neoprene to it or something, however I'd be worried about moisture that does get in staying in.. of course if the front is not as perfect a cut as you hope then it should vent fine.

Because in the moist environment that tape most likely will lose its sticky :D

Everything is fine. Looks like I'm all in the clear. Both tanks were relatively unhurt, not just the frag tank.

Hi Ian,

I'm glad your mishap wasn't a major disaster.

With all these equipment failures going around, I think I'll stay low tech for a while longer... Scary stuff :-

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4283.msg72712#msg72712 date=1231098129]
[quote author=iani link=topic=4283.msg72703#msg72703 date=1231096332]
Mike, I think if I were to have a fan mounted to blow directly onto the controller in the stand it would circulate the air enough that there wouldn't be any condensation on the controller. I hope.
[/quote]
Might want to look into a humidity sensor connected to a slew of fans, although I don't have any idea how humid it can be, I know I had one of those Oregon Scientific sensors in my room upstairs when the tanks were there and that sucker broke it got so humid! :D

[/quote]

I had one of those OS units (portable)and it would stop working below 40f :) Neither would my IPOD. That trip sucked :)

They have a couple of dehumidifiers laying around at work .. The water damage guys forgot it or haven't come to get it yet. I could grab so you could try it Ian... You'll need to run a new electrical service for it though. This baby takes 480v :)

Why do I picture an empty tank nd a HUGE power bill if he used that unit :)

Tank is perking back up. Here are some updated shots.
My plates
coralshots1of9February032009copy.jpg

Orange and green plate from aquatic collection
coralshots2of9February032009copy.jpg

Chalices
coralshots3of9February032009copy.jpg

coralshots4of9February032009copy.jpg

coralshots5of9February032009copy.jpg

coralshots7of9February032009copy.jpg

coralshots9of9February032009copy.jpg

Pots of gold favia
coralshots8of9February032009copy.jpg

Rose nebula/tubs blue rock and purple death/nuc green/aog rock
coralshots6of9February032009copy.jpg

Great rainbow of colors Ian!

I miss the rainbows in Hawaii whenever there was a little bit of liquid sunshine. Guess I'll have to look at everyone tanks instead...another beautiful natural phenomenon. :D

Back