Neptune Aquatics

My Semi-annual upgrade

Hahaha, I know. There were a lot of maybe's from my friends, so I asked more. Everyone showed up. I just discovered that modern reef aquarium thread today. Pretty cool.

Wow it looks so clean... is that at your place? Last time I was there your living room looked like my fish room downstairs :D

How is your RKE working out? Mine got to the point of being unusable since it thinks the buttons are being pressed constantly :|

Isn't the RKE the one that the contacts fuse together as they didn't use large enough wire? Or is that another one?

Serious Mike? What are they doing about it? For the most part the RKE is working out ok. Few bugs here and there. It does do that button pushing thing like yours sometimes when I am using it. Its pretty weird.

Gresham, I don't think they ever had that issue. Although I am not sure.

Well you would know as it would no longer work. I'll ask Max, he went through a bunch of one controller due to the fusing issue.

I stick with Neptune Systems myself. Kurt's always been the leader in the field of aquarium controlling :)

Gresham: I don't know if that's the controller, I honestly don't know terribly much about the guts of the system.

Ian: Meh.. they told me to tell them what's plugged into the PC4, etc... "push down on the pads to make sure nothing is sticking too much.." and they're working on a possible fix. It worked perfectly fine from the early firmwares, but now, I try to do something and it goes crazy like I pushed the button a thousand times and it's registering all the button pushes one at a time. All my previous settings are there, it's just that I can't access anything now. So I got a really expensive light timer that shows temperature and pH right now.

At this point, I'd honestly return this thing if I could get my money back (think I'm past the 30 day return though) or I'd sell it if I didn't feel uncomfortable about selling someone a buggy controller.

btw looked through that "modern" thread, some damn snobby sobs over there telling people what modern means, I get the feeling half of them don't know what it means :D

Yah but there are some drop dead gorgeous tanks in that thread :) Marion's 33g is S L I C K!!!!!

Oh yeah, some of those tanks are sweeter than sweet. I got to about page 12 (which mind you was still back in January) and saw some sweet setups and a lot of people using the word modern in quotes, which was giving me a headache... then I realized that thread was 40 pages long and skipped to the end, I just really wanted to see Ian's tank and make sure it got the praise it deserves. :)

Ok, I really don't like the new version of firefox the way it autocompletes... however now I've found a use, just type modern reef a... and bammo!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1289056&highlight=modern+reef+aquarium

Back