Neptune Aquatics

My Semi-annual upgrade

ah ok.. $500 really isn't that bad then, hell if you consider $20-25 for each reflector, that's easily half the cost of the whole unit right there.

Joyce, I'll let you know when I sell them.

I know Tony, I picked up another vortech from a friend last night. I have a small wave going now as well. haha

lol. Ian, you are nuts! But that is what we love about you. is that 3 vortechs now? Next thing we know, you'll daisy chain a dozen batterypacks together so that your tank can last a week of now power :p

[quote author=iani link=topic=4283.msg56217#msg56217 date=1221927515]
Joyce, I'll let you know when I sell them.

I know Tony, I picked up another vortech from a friend last night. I have a small wave going now as well. haha

[/quote]
How about some video?? ;D

LOL, Tony. Well 2 vortechs on this tank and one on the other right now. Sorry Phong only video that I could do is with my phone (it would really suck). You are just going to have to see it in person.

Here we go, it won't get set up for at least a week or so. So far the fixture looks pretty sweet. I did power it up with some bulbs and all is well. 3 cords on the fixture, each cord controls 4 lamps. Lamps 1 2 9 10 on one cord, 3 4 11 12 on another, and 5 6 7 8 on the last. I was thinking 4 lamps for .5 to 1 hr, 8 on for 2 to 2.5 hours, 12 on for 2 hours, 8 on for 2 to 2.5 hours, and 4 on for .5 to 1 hour.
light1of1.jpg

lightbottom1of1.jpg

I think you got a good lighting schedule going on, that's one thing that I'm leaning towards is a shorter "intense" lighting period because now on my stony tank I have only MH bulbs so it's all intense for quite a long time during the day.

Although I don't envy you when you need to change out those bulbs... 12 bulbs? Yeesh gonna almost cost you a new fixture! (unless you have a cheap source for bulbs) :D

well, lets put that to some perspective.

$240/12months vs $80x2/6months with dual radiums. It isn't that bad, but definitely not cheap. Then again, if you are running dual vortechs, custom tanks/stand, controllers, an elos light on your frag tank...$ on bulbs is the least of your concerns :p

LOL, thanks everyone. But really I'll only need to change out 8 bulbs most of the time. Hey 4 of the bulbs will only be on 2 hours a day.

Yup this is replacing both tek lights with this one fixture. I took a look at my light hanger and it looks like this fixture will hang fine with the current setup. I'm just waiting on part of the hanging kit from reefgeek b/c it wasn't in the box.

Back