Reef nutrition

Mysis Feast

screebo said:
Is it much different than typical frozen mysis?
Howz about cost wise?

Then frozen PE mysis? I think that's like $12 - $13 for 8 oz. The RN stuff is $20 for 6 oz. according to G. But you get the special RN juices with Mysis Feast. :D

Not to mention, how much of that 8 oz frozen sheet is stuff you thaw and drain away anyways? Very very cost effective, if not more so than the frozen sheets. If I had an accurate digital scale I might actually do some testing on how much actually mysis by weight you get.

sfboarders said:
screebo said:
Howz about cost wise?

Then frozen PE mysis? I think that's like $12 - $13 for 8 oz. The RN stuff is $20 for 6 oz. according to G. But you get the special RN juices with Mysis Feast. :D

Your PE prices are a bit low IME. The 4oz blister pack has a MSRP of like $10 IIRC.

This is an ease of use product, no rinsing, no thawing, no waste if you don't need a whole cube, more forgiving if you happen to leave it out, no freezer burn, etc. You pay a premium for this, just like with all other RN products.

sfsuphysics said:
Not to mention, how much of that 8 oz frozen sheet is stuff you thaw and drain away anyways? Very very cost effective, if not more so than the frozen sheets. If I had an accurate digital scale I might actually do some testing on how much actually mysis by weight you get.

Surprisingly we have not seen all that much liquid in PE Mysis flats. There is just enough for them to handle them and to "seal" them up. I could probably come up with some numbers since we're handling 100kg at a time.

Hah ha! That is some funny stuff! I won a bottle at the last meeting, it is indeed awesome. I've been a fan of pe mysis for years, and now it's even easier!!!

GreshamH said:
sfboarders said:
screebo said:
Howz about cost wise?

Your PE prices are a bit low IME. The 4oz blister pack has a MSRP of like $10 IIRC.

This is an ease of use product, no rinsing, no thawing, no waste if you don't need a whole cube, more forgiving if you happen to leave it out, no freezer burn, etc. You pay a premium for this, just like with all other RN products.
I'm ready. I've just become pretty hooked on using Oysterfest and Rotifest every few days. Tanks is "looking good". Thanks for the feedback. I'll visit one of my LFS's and grab some. yum yum

Gresh...you guy over at RN did a hella of a job with this new product man. Cerissa and I was really surprised to see how well "cleaned" it was when we poured the stuff out of the bottle. Now if only I can remember to order it the next time...lol.

I'm sure we can arrange a standing order for you Robert :lol:

The product meet and exceeded all my expectations.

A big shout out to the guy that pushed us to make this product years ago... Mr Rich Ross!!!

Back