Neptune Aquatics

Mystery Fish ID?

treylane said:
Tong's Tropical Fish in fountain valley, I didn't ask about a price or see one scribbled on the side of the tank. I've sortof committed to try purchasing him for a friend tomorrow evening though. :D

The story the employee gave me (take it for what it's worth, I don't know this guy) is that they think he's been in the store at least 5yrs, they found just him swimming around in a live rock bin under their display cubes recently.

:lol: Bet my speed dial is faster then tomorrow night :lol:

J/K

He should be at the Stienhart ;)

I agree. :)

I called the LFS and they gave me a verbal "it's yours"...I'm not counting any chickens yet however as I know how these things can go.

Treylane, I will make it worth your while if you don't buy it. :)

Matt

GreshamH said:
Let me guess, each of your fish, shrimp, snails, etc all have pet names? :lol:

Just one, My wife calls her copperband "sylvester". Its pretty darn funny when our three year old tells her, "no mommy, thats a copperband" :)

I was going to keep my yap shut because I don't like drama but..............

I feel as though it's kinda bad form for a friend to find out about a fish before I commit, and then someone else comes in and snags it. I guess we'll have to be more protective of our sources and not ask the community for advice for fear of being backdoored.

Just to be clear, I called the fish store the moment I saw those picture and before I was aware anybody wanted to purchase it. It's a fish I've been searching for for about the last 6 years. From the first page and a half of this thread there was no indication that anybody here was interested in purchasing it.

My apologies if you felt "backdoored". Assuming you still want it you can have it. It should ship out Wednesday assuming the FS is still actually holding it for me, I could hold it for you until you want to come get it.

da6d2003 said:
I was going to keep my yap shut because I don't like drama but..............

I feel as though it's kinda bad form for a friend to find out about a fish before I commit, and then someone else comes in and snags it. I guess we'll have to be more protective of our sources and not ask the community for advice for fear of being backdoored.

Seems you don't mind drama then if you went ahead and posted :lol:

$$$$ speak volumes. Out bid him. Don't cry over milk that may be spilled in the future ;) Nothing is set in stone and even if it was, you have only one person to blame, well maybe two.... your friend who outed where the fish was and yourself for not committing sooner.

Gresham, come on man there's no need to be rude or start drama. Looking back on our comments I can understand how it looks from his perspective. He doesn't need to outbid me I will give him the fish for cost if he still wants it. Anyway it is a cool fish and I'll be happy to see it go in anybody's hands as long as it's a good home.

da6d2003,
If you want to talk further my email is mwandell@calacademy.org

Look, I'm fine with it being all about the bucks - but it seems that the BAR community has been trying to go in a different direction, freely sharing information, giving frags of rare coral variants to each other at no charge, etc. I've had a hard time coming to terms with all that, but since that's the way-things-are, I've tried to play along. Anddddd... now I get this bit about "gee well if you wouldn't have shared, and then laid down more dollars, you wouldn't have been aced out of something fun and interesting by another member" ... ?

Sorry, but I'm not really buying that as fair.

My ONLY interest in this thread was to ID the damn thing. What ever goes down beyond that has NOTHING to do with me. I ID'd it, Mattt confirmed, mission accomplished. I did what you and your buddy couldn't do!!!!

I still stand behind what I wrote. Dude sat on it and may have lost it, oh well, should have pulled the trigger sooner. Happens daily with The Divers Den. I've lost more corals online then I have ever bought.

treylane said:
but it seems that the BAR community has been trying to go in a different direction, freely sharing information, giving frags of rare coral variants to each other at no charge, etc.

Trying? It's been that way since the get go. The only new thing is the incredible DBTC. Some of us never take money for corals. I have given far more then I have ever bought. Never sold a coral to an end user in my life.

Thank you Matt. I will take you up on the offer of contacting you through email. Very gentlmanly of you.

As for "drama", (even though I'm a n00b to this forum) I think there are plenty of you out there that know me personally, and know that it's not nor ever has been my style. This was a simple understanding and that is that.

da6d2003, I am fairly new to BAR. I have found that many people on the forum here sign their posts with their name. It really helps new folks like me get to know people in the hobby better. Would you consider signing your posts on BAR?

I like that your last post says others will know you.

I here by publicly relinquish all rights and/or claims to the above said fishie.

AS LONG AS

said fishie is destined for the display and not dissecting tray. ;)

Thank you Matt for the prompt response.

David :)

Back