Our mission

Mystery Monti

Encrusting? Branching? Scrolling? You may be the one to find out.

I have two frags of "Mystery Monti", I don't know what the heck it is, but it is pretty greenish/blue. It seems to nodulate encrust and branch, but I'm not quite sure which one it really wants to do :D

MysteryMonti.jpg

Rules:

Must have a track record with SPS

Must have an established tank

I think I got one of those Montipora mysterosos as well, however mine is more green than anything else (in fact it's all green, just a couple different shades) I see nodules, I see it encrusting onto the bottom of the tank, etc.. just not as cool of a color as yours.

JAR said:
OOOOO! OOOOO!
safe from AEFW.
Could I try?
BTW what are you doing online?
Is the surf too big for you? :D

Only one place is holding size around here, and I'm sure you know where that is. You wont see me online for a few hours tomorrow :D I just patched up my 6'5" blade and am going to find me a sandbar :)

Jeremy my montipora are growing well. The color is not the brightest in the current lighting. Would you consider offering a frag to a tank soon to be on LED?

Hey I can eat shellfish again so I should swing by soon :lol: Maybe in a couple weeks? :) :D

GreshamH said:
Hey I can eat shellfish again so I should swing by soon :lol: Maybe in a couple weeks? :) :D

Anytime man, my door is always open for ya'. LMK in advance so I can rustle up some bivalves ;)

BTW, congrats on being able to eat shellfish, I hope your allergy was linked to fruitcake or something :D

friggin Tuna showed the highest antibody levels :( No tuna, or like species, for 6 - 12 months. I also should ~ 16 other antibodies. It just means I have to change up what I eat daily. I can't have chicken two days in a row, etc. Shellfish is fine across the board, no antibodies... YES!!!

Man, that sucks about the tuna, I guess that means you can't even eat the good canned tuna from Italy like Flott brand huh? At least you have an excuse not to eat leftovers all the time "sorry honey, gotta cook up a fresh steak tonight" :D

BAR connoisseurs: You've been waiting for this monent. I have two frags of this very unusual and striking monti available for the March meeting. I hope you get a chance to add this rich, forest green 3D monti to your reef. You'll love watching it encrust as it grows "branches" and nodules. I'll post pics of the frags soon!

Pick a number from 1 to 10, usual DBTC rules apply. It' likes medium/medium high light and current. Mine resides at about 3/4 of the way the reef in an SPS friendly tank.

PS Thanks for the generous frag, Jeremy. You are a reef Hero!

aaahhhhhhhhhhheeemmmmmmmmmm.....Mystery Monti anyone? Just look a the pics, darn it, this is beautiful and unusual monti. They are the only two frags of this monti that I'll be offering on DBTC so lets go! |( .................... ;)

My tank's pretty new (4 months) but the frags from the swap (mostly SPS.. acro, birdsnest, montis) are rocking in it. Water quality is great. (tank thread: http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/9273). If you don't mind being my first (DBTC), I'll take try with luck #7.

Konkers: It will do just fine in your tank. You get frag #1 with one more available.
It will be ready by the BOD meeting. PM if you wish an alternate p/u than the BOD meeting.

Good to see you, Erik. I'm sure your Mystery frag will shape itself into a very cool little "green monument" given a little time. Thanks for updating the chain.

Back