Our mission

Mystery Monti

Hey Jeremy, just a little update with the frag I picked up from Aquatic Central last year in July, with your help, it is growing out nicely. Is the frag from AC the same lineage as your DBTC monti. The frag had some nice growth in 7 months, frag plug completely covered and overhnging, it has the same little nodular growths as your picture. It is not the same as the Pillar Forming Green Monti from my DBTC, but still a nice coral. Thanks again.

tapmorf said:
Hey Jeremy, just a little update with the frag I picked up from Aquatic Central last year in July, with your help, it is growing out nicely. Is the frag from AC the same lineage as your DBTC monti. The frag had some nice growth in 7 months, frag plug completely covered and overhnging, it has the same little nodular growths as your picture. It is not the same as the Pillar Forming Green Monti from my DBTC, but still a nice coral. Thanks again.

Nope they are different, the one from AC is darker and encrusts rather than forming pillars and scrolling. I guess there are lots of variations on the theme :D

Sadly, mine is dead - stupid urchin managed to knock it off and it landed too close to my fiendish Acan echinata, it was bone white when i found it the next morning. I'm thinking the echinata is gonna go live in the sump - or maybe the urchin!

Back