Kessil

Nano Cube Wiring

patchin

Supporting Member
Ecoxotic lighting hooked me up with a Stunner and a Panorama Pro for Theresa's 12 gallon JBJ Nano Cube DX. They suggested I keep the fans running in the hood and just replace the lights. There are two cords coming into the hood. Each has wires for one light and one fan. So each has 4 wires going to the end cap and 1 wire going to the fan connections. I was hoping to eliminate one of the existing cords so I had an existing hole for the Ecoxotic cord. But now I'm not sure what to do. Is anyone familiar with this wiring or know how I should handle it? TIA

Definitely keep those fans running. The ecoxotic units have a history of burning out early due to heat.

I did this on my JBJ12. Keeping the wires that run from the ballast to the hood leaves a clean look. Just cut the ends of the wires as needed to redo connectors. I suggest replacing the stock fans to ones that are quieter and that push more air. Mine were from rapid LED.

Crabby said:
I did this on my JBJ12. Keeping the wires that run from the ballast to the hood leaves a clean look. Just cut the ends of the wires as needed to redo connectors. I suggest replacing the stock fans to ones that are quieter and that push more air. Mine were from rapid LED.
Cool. Thank you. That confirms my idea.

Back