NCRC Temporarily Down :(

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by reefdan, Jan 29, 2010.

1. reefdan

reefdan Guest

Hey Guys (and Gals)!

I know we have a lot of cross membership between BAR and NCRC so I wanted to let the dual membership know that the NCRC is temporarily down. We're having some server issue that should be corrected soon.

Thanks for your patience and we hope to see you all at the BAR swap in a few weeks :)

2. reefdan

reefdan Guest

back up and kickin' :)

see you guys at the swap!

3. reefdan

reefdan Guest

down again :(

4. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Sorry guys still working on getting the forums up and running. The database got corrupt and restoring it to the phpbb software is taking longer than expected.

5. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

So been working on this for a few hours now and my brain is fried.

You guys at BAR have been great to our club,. But I don't have the time and the efficiency to get the site up quick enough and am asking for help in repairing and helping me get the site back up.

So if you have really good experience with phpbb versions 3.04 and up or in mysql and php please let me know. Our club will compensate you for your time and efforts.

Thank you
    Adolfo

I can be reached via email at adolfo425@gmail.com or through this site.

6. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Adolfo, I don't have experience with phpbb. I can help with other stuff, though. Let me know what you need.

7. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Well If i don't get phpbb up soon I will have a forced hand to get drupal ready for forum use and porting the data from the sql backup.

Know how to copy sql tables into forum nodes in drupal.

8. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I wrote a script to convert smf forums to drupal when I did that. It won't work as is with phpbb, but with some effort you could probably write a new conversion script based on it. I can send it to you if you want. There might also be phpbb->smf conversion scripts out there.

It seems like it would probably be easier to fix your phpbb site, at least in the short term. What's going on with it? Feel free to PM if you like...

9. Rick778

Rick778 Guest

Any thoughts on when NCRC might be backup? :)

10. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

The database to the files on the server became corrupt and need to be rebuilt or converted to Drupal which we have agreed would be the next logical step. I have installed the software and moved one of 2 domains over to a new server. I am currently working on getting all of our data back online. Its just taking a while.

I will be posting on the home site as I get through the steps to recover the forums.

Right now we have ETA of finishing tonight but if I run into a wall I will have to push it back a day or two.

Thank you for your patience.

Adolfo

11. Rick778

Rick778 Guest

Thanks for all your hard work Adolfo.
    Your the man :crown:

12. arod2051

arod2051 Guest

Adolfo, I heard that you slept last night and are going to your 'real' job this morning. Why the lack of focus? Where are your priorities?

J/K. Thanks for all the hard work, bro. :bigsmile:

13. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Someone has to bring home the bacon.

14. arod2051

arod2051 Guest

MMmmmm.... bacon.

15. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Site up and running fully converted to Drupal.

If you have problems logging in please forward request me via the contact forum on the page.

The next phase is debugging and feature loading.

16. arod2051

arod2051 Guest

Mmmmm..... features.

17. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Oh don't add any features, adolfo! Once they realize you can add features it will never end.

I mean, uhh, so I hear.

;)

18. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Yeah I know. But I will be keeping the feature adding to a minimum only what requires the site to function.

19. reefstud

reefstud Guest

Adolfo,

Great work, really appreciate what you've done for the club.

How do i login?

-daniel

20. adolfo425

adolfo425 Guest

Site is fully functional. People that have a hard time logging in please reset password via the link.

New domain name so people please update your bookmarks to this address.

http://www.norcalreefclub.org

Thank you everyone.

PS some bugs might come up I will try to address them in a timely manner.