Jestersix

Need a canopy built for my tank-any recommendations?

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hey Everyone,
I used to be an active member several years ago then my tank crashed due to a rolling black out while I was gone for the day. Lost my motivation to set up my tank again, and then I got married, life went on, etc...
Well, now I have been thinking about setting up a new tank again. I have a 65g TruVu Corner shaped aquarium with an Oak stand, and I would like to purchase a matching canopy for it. Before I go anywhere else I thought I would check here to see if you guys had some recommendations about where to go. I live in the Walnut Creek/Concord area of the east bay.
Any help would be appreciated.

Gerry

p.s. When did craigslist become such a pain in the behing. Tried posting the tank for sale there, but all I got were scams for a reply. Oh well.

Welcome !

The shape (Diamond?) of the tank might be what prevents your tank to have a found canopy already.
Best thing is to place a piece of cardboard big enough to cover the tank then use a pencil to outline then use it as template to cut the wood.

Hey Mario,
I read in various posts that you are the man to talk to about building a canopy. Is this something that you still do, and if so what would it take? Yes, it is a "diamond" shaped tank: 5 sided corner shaped tank, similar in shape to this one: http://www.truvuaquariums.com/mac0050.html.

Let me know,
Gerry

I can't make any commitment at the moment, loaded with work a family wants to move into their newly remodeled house and landscapers need me gone so they can tear the earth apart.
This weekend I'll be gone Saturday and Sunday I'll spend looking at aquariums (can you believe it?)
Get the outline drawn on a piece of cardboard; Costco, where the paper towels/toilet tissue is located you can grab a large piece of thick brown paper, perfect for it... gotta go...

Back