Need a power cord for a Marineland LED fixture.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Mark B, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Picked up a couple Marineland LED fixtures on C/L and one doesn't have a power cord. Perhaps someone has an old one laying around?
    Mark

2. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Find out what the output is and buy one from eBay probably best bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

Get one from homedepot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

I can buy a new one for $30 or less. Just trying to see if someone has one that I can save from ending up in the landfill

5. ashburn2k

[​IMG]

Buy this for 8 bucks, it's 9 feet, not sure if it's long enough to for you, and cut one end up and connect to your light.

6. ashburn2k

Oh wait is this DC powered?

7. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Yes, a dc power supply. I have a "kabillion" extension cords.
    RML90508-2.jpg

8. ashburn2k

Is there any info on what output is? I can see if I have one

9. Peter B

Peter B Inspector #6

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Kabillion huh? How many zeros is that?

Mark B likes this.
  11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Wait do you have this part from the fixture? Then you need the cord from the wall to the transformer? Should be a simple computer cable then?

like this?
    [​IMG]

12. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

I need the transformer half. I have one transformer cord and two fixtures.

13. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Now your just being silly! Everybody knows there are a Kazillion zeros in a Kabillion :D

Wlachnit likes this.
  14. sfsuphysics

Ah, well unfortunately I don't have any of the transformers, although a quick google search for 12 volt 4amp dc supplies shows you can get them for less than $10 from ebay or Amazon. The key though is to make sure that the output plug is the right size as they come in a multitude of different diameters, both inside diameter and outside.

That said Marineland is still a company that produces stuff, so maybe you could fire off an email to them to get the specs on the plug, Or if you have a pair of calipers or something you can measure the plug yourself (although the inside diameter might be a bit tricky since they tend to be fairly small.

15. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Mark
    Try calling tech support and ask them for part number and tell them you lost one of cords. They may send one for free. I have done this in past.

Mark B likes this.
  16. ashburn2k

/hustlermode

Hi customer support? My light didn't come with a power adapter.

/hustlermode

17. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Wow! Marineland rocks!!!! I didn't even have to shift into "Hustler" mode. I called their customer support and got the Kelvin ratings for the fixtures (10,000 on the white and 460nm on the blue) and then asked her which of the 2 different fixtures my current power supply goes to and when she looked up the other one, I just asked if there was any possibility she could just ship me one? Bada bing - bada boom - shes shipping me a free one -Yay!!
    Now the question is: which is a better light for Peter's tank 2 H/O 24w. t5s or the Marineland LED? How do I figure this out?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    ashburn2k likes this.
  18. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

The trend now seems to do the hybrid LED T5 combo; some people are gutting out fixtures to accommodate for LED's right in the middle. Similar set up as the now facing extintion MH T5 fixtures.
    Is just one of those things of innie, minnie, minnie, moe...

19. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I always thought it was the other way around. On aside note and I believe in most of the hispano-speaking world and meybe some other countries, a billion is not a thousand million, a billion is a million million, yup that many zeros; then again it might be just the exchange rate...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Mark B likes this.
  20. sfsuphysics

It depends what Marineland fixture it actually is, not all are created equally. They have some which are used just to light up a tank so us humans can see in it, and then they have those with higher powered LEDs ... that kinda, barely, sorta work.

Gut reaction though is the 2 T5HO bulbs with reflectors would be better light wise, unless it's a fish only system then go with less power.