Our mission

Need new HQI Bulbs... Any Suggestions

I need to get some new HQI 250w 20k bulbs but i am not pleased with the brand i currently have, aqua line (Aqua Medic). They are too blue, they are washing out so many colors. I might as well have painted the bulb blue to get the same effect I'm getting. Does anyone have any suggestion on what type of bulb I should get as well as k rating? My tank is SPS dominated and is a standard 100 gallon long so the depth is very minimal. However I am in the process of building a new tank which will be 30 inches deep with at least a 12 inches of space between the lights and the tank. So I would like to invest in a bulb that i can carry on to the next tank. Final note is that i only am using two units right now and I'm not planning on getting more anytime soon, so i can't do a nice mixture of k without getting a spotlight effect, meaning both bulbs need to be the same k rating.

I actually like the Aquamedic bulbs ( if they still use Aqualine AB?) but I also like the Pheonix 250mh 14k bulbs, but everyone has different taste so maybe you can find some folks to show you what they use.....fyi even the ballast will make a difference in looks with the same bulb.

Back