Our mission

Need your doser opinion?

Yeah they are it just doesn't work. Triple checked the URL's but I've been up since 3AM so probably user error. I reposted them as links for you.

Hmm, it's probably my computer then because I don't see the URL's either. Is anyone else having this problem? I can check when I get home too...

anathema said:
Eh whatever pictures won't post.

www.uninked.com/aqua/doser1.jpg
www.uninked.com/aqua/doser2.jpg
www.uninked.com/aqua/doser3.jpg
testing 1...2

testing 1... 2... 3...

doser1.jpg

doser2.jpg

doser3.jpg

you have to use the http:// + your URL

Yeah I even went back and edited them to have the http:// but they still didn't work. Thanks for fixing it Gresham.

The only real convincing reason i chose those was their shape, I wanted it all to fit on that shelf and normal water bottles wouldn't have. Plus they are easy to clean and fill.

Does anybody still use calcium reactor and kalk reactor? I feel so ancient now (I do have a brand new BM, just too lazy to set it up so far. Maybe I will whip myself to do it soon).

tonggao said:
Does anybody still use calcium reactor and kalk reactor? I feel so ancient now (I do have a brand new BM, just too lazy to set it up so far. Maybe I will whip myself to do it soon).

I was actually thinking of getting a Black Friday deal on the Liter Meter 3 on BRS to run my kalk reactor, then I saw this Bubble Magus thing. My CA Reactor is "offline" due to a small leak and an empty CO2 tank.

My BRS drew's doser wasn't enough to supply kalk from my reactor, so the LM3 was going to go on that.

V

tonggao said:

I'm going back to a Ca reactor fed by a dosing pump, the needle valves always pissed me off, but with a dosing pump I don't have to worry about that.

Vincerama2 said:
tonggao said:

I was actually thinking of getting a Black Friday deal on the Liter Meter 3 on BRS to run my kalk reactor, then I saw this Bubble Magus thing. My CA Reactor is "offline" due to a small leak and an empty CO2 tank.

My BRS drew's doser wasn't enough to supply kalk from my reactor, so the LM3 was going to go on that.

V

The Bubble Magus isn't built for continues duty I'm pretty sure. You choose the on times from a preset menu. I don't know if it can be set to dose on demand (via a float switch, etc)

tuberider said:
I'm going back to a Ca reactor fed by a dosing pump, the needle valves always pissed me off, but with a dosing pump I don't have to worry about that.
Can you explain exactly what you mean?
I am guessing the dosing pump is not for the CO2.
Do you just run CO2 high, and dose-pump mixture?

Well considering there are only two needle valves involved in the whole equation, and of course the CO2 valve doesn't apply, that can only leave the effluent...

There are medical dosers that are not only adjustable, they can be run 24/7, thus eliminating the need for a needle valve, which invariably clog. No valve, no clog ;)

I was using a medical doser (Actually an enteral feeding pump) and it ran 24/7 for 5 years (at least) but finding tubing for it was hard, and eventually it went nuts and stopped working properly. The alarm kept going off and it just wore down I guess.

I went and ordered the LiterMeter Ultimate ATO pump. I figured I'd save a few bucks over the full blown LM3 because all I wanted to do really was feed top off water through my kalk-reactor and into my tank. I plan to put my Ca reactor back "online" once I fix the leak.

I'm using a T off the return pump to feed the CA reactor and then a needle valve to control effluent. It has it's problems though (as tuberider mentioned) it's quite hard to keep that thing unclogged at the effluent tube. My drew's doser was way too slow for the kalk reactor and not really powerful enough. Maybe it can feed the CA Reactor, but I doubt it. (Plus T-ing off the return pump is free vs another pump)

V

tuberider said:
Well considering there are only two needle valves involved in the whole equation, and of course the CO2 valve doesn't apply, that can only leave the effluent...

There are medical dosers that are not only adjustable, they can be run 24/7, thus eliminating the need for a needle valve, which invariably clog. No valve, no clog ;)

I use a Cole Palmer peristaltic for this purpose. Rated at continuous duty, heavy duty and nearly bullet proof. I tend to stay away from medical dosers, I've found them to be louder then the scientific ones I use :) They also have too many alarms :lol:

Oh yeah, the alarms. OMG. Beep beep beep beep! It was handy to tell when the reservoir was empty, but sometimes it would just go off and I'd have to fiddle with it a lot. Man, that was annoying, still, 50 bucks for 5+ years of service wasn't bad. But I'm sick of fiddling.

Back