Need your doser opinion?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Gonzo, Nov 14, 2010.

1. houser

houser Past President

They have too many alarms because they're trying not to KILL you ;)

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

If I only had a couple thousand lying around :D

Besides I'm pretty much deaf from surfing and 25 years of bass playing..

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You can get them used for pretty darn cheap. I got mine for $100 but I know many that got em for $50. Mine had extra heads so it was worth more to me :) (never buy new Cole Palmer unless you're on a government grant :lol: )

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

There are lots of science ebay like places you can check out. Dovbid is one that comes to mind.

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Lab-X is one

I just ebay though

6. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I just picked up the Spectrapure "Ultra Precision Auto Top off" (or whatever they call it). Expensive, but I think it finally solves my kalk-dosing/top off issues.

Very nice, I wish I bought it instead of the medical doser and "Drew's doser" which I used for the same purpose (timed kalk dripping/top off). Since the medical and Drew's dosers cost me $150 or so (together) and the Spectrapure ATO was $200.

That was my big reefing splurge. It's awesome and the pain of paying for it is fading...

V

7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I love it when you finally decide you can afford to throw money at something like that and then forget about it while you enjoy the awesomeness and know it was totally worth it!

8. iani

iani Guest

Ebay is your best bet. I remember when I was looking for one, ebay always ended up the cheapest. Dovbid always ended high.