got ethical husbandry?

Need your doser opinion?

GreshamH said:
tuberider said:
Well considering there are only two needle valves involved in the whole equation, and of course the CO2 valve doesn't apply, that can only leave the effluent...

There are medical dosers that are not only adjustable, they can be run 24/7, thus eliminating the need for a needle valve, which invariably clog. No valve, no clog ;)

I use a Cole Palmer peristaltic for this purpose. Rated at continuous duty, heavy duty and nearly bullet proof. I tend to stay away from medical dosers, I've found them to be louder then the scientific ones I use :) They also have too many alarms :lol:

If I only had a couple thousand lying around :D

Besides I'm pretty much deaf from surfing and 25 years of bass playing..

You can get them used for pretty darn cheap. I got mine for $100 but I know many that got em for $50. Mine had extra heads so it was worth more to me :) (never buy new Cole Palmer unless you're on a government grant :lol: )

I just picked up the Spectrapure "Ultra Precision Auto Top off" (or whatever they call it). Expensive, but I think it finally solves my kalk-dosing/top off issues.

Very nice, I wish I bought it instead of the medical doser and "Drew's doser" which I used for the same purpose (timed kalk dripping/top off). Since the medical and Drew's dosers cost me $150 or so (together) and the Spectrapure ATO was $200.

That was my big reefing splurge. It's awesome and the pain of paying for it is fading...

V

I love it when you finally decide you can afford to throw money at something like that and then forget about it while you enjoy the awesomeness and know it was totally worth it!

Gomer said:
There are lots of science ebay like places you can check out. Dovbid is one that comes to mind.
Ebay is your best bet. I remember when I was looking for one, ebay always ended up the cheapest. Dovbid always ended high.

Back