Reef nutrition

Neon Gobies in a Gigas clam? trouble?

I just moved most of my clams away from my gobies as I noticed the same thing. It was new to me too. I think it's a very real potential problem.

I'm no expert on clams, but if you want to keep the clam and you need a place for the gobies, I'd be happy to take them both! You could just lift out the clam and dump the gobies in a bag on the day of the frag swap... then put the clam back in. Then you could bring them to me at the swap! :bigsmile:
Just a suggestion... ;)

The clam is not happy today- Hopefully I can get the 2 fish out off them later tonight. Its ok Matthew, I have another tank they can go in.

that one is down, I was thinking to the one at work..... still haven't tried to catch the fish yet.

Say it isn't so. :( First the loss of a clam and then the addition of a skimmer. What's next, sock filters? I've got a 6-7" Crocea I could loan/donate.

Its still in and it doesn't smell bad yet, but It looks way horrible now. No fish or hermits carbs have bothered it yet, but its all deflated and partely detached form the shell.

If it goes, I will be down to a 3 1/2 inch Maxima, 5 inch deresa, and a 4 in Squamosa. If anyone sees a small 4-5 inch Gigas let me know.

2 Neon Gocies have been moved into my 25 gallon tank at work, being chased by a lemon peel angel. : (

gobies are fine no more chasing.....Clam is dead and disposed of. RIP :(

time to go shopping I guess ---new smaller gigas or elegance coral I am thinking. I know I know get both.

Both for sure :) If one or the other, clam. If you can find a clone of Shu Tins, then get the elegance :D

Back