Neon Green Hydnophora

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by jkreefer, Jul 8, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

This is my first DBTC give away so here goes.

[​IMG]
    I have 2-3 Large frags of Hydnophora . I beleive it is a preatty hearty coral that likes medium to alot of flow. I have it under 2 250 watt Reflux 10K's with t-5 supp. I have had it for more than a year. All DBTC rules apply, and would like to see growth progress pics. Here's the catch, I only come down that way for the BAR meetings (live north of Santa Rosa) So pick up at the next BAR meeting or from someone that will be there can pick it up for you.

Thanks Jeff

2. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Heres a picture of another peice in my tank

[​IMG]

3. bareefers

bareefers BOD

I'm interested in the hydno. Pick up at the next meeting should work for me.

4. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

I'd definitely like a piece of this to compare with my Hydnophora Grandis. I do believe these are hearty corals that LOVE high currents and strong lights. Mine was ~4" under a 175w 10K Ushio and it grew like crazy. Growth is a little slower now under T5s, but still very nice. I'll come pick it up at your convenience.

5. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Blink*, No problem i'll bring to the meeting.

Dyngoe, Like i said, I Live north of Santa Rosa so if thats convinient for you, cool and i will pm you my info, if not we will have to figure out a way at the meeting.

6. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

one frag delivered to Blink* 8/11/07
    One frag delivered to Dyngoe 8/11/07

7. bareefers

bareefers BOD

JK,
    Hydno is showing good polyp extension and coloration. Still, what do you recommend as to placement?
    Thanks again!
    Alan

8. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

High light and high flow has given me the best color and polyp ext. Glad you like

9. Juan M

Juan M Guest

if you ever make another frag, can i get one...

thanks

Juan