Neptune Aqua Controller Jr's W/DC-8's

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by dswong01, Mar 1, 2006.

1. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

:D

I would like to do a Group buy on Neptune Aqua Controller Jr's with standard temp probe and DC8's. Steve at New Alameda Aquatics has given us the following prices:

6 units @ $265 ea
    10 units @ $250 ea
    18 units @ $220 ea

Standard PH probe @ $40 ea
    Lab grade PH probe @ $60 ea

2. bareefers

bareefers BOD

3. bareefers

bareefers BOD

... interested if they will come down near $200, as noted they're now $240 retail.

4. Radiolunatic

Radiolunatic Guest

Dudley,

Do you think you can get pricing for DC-4 & DC-8 only?
    Thanks

5. Elite

Elite Guest

... nevermind ;D

6. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Kind of a dated post to be bringing it back up, but would be interested in a DC-8 unit as well if you could get pricing on that.

I waited around for this GB, but it never happened so I picked up a AC2 along the way.

7. bareefers

bareefers BOD

i'd be interested in a DC4 and maybe another ac jr for a friend if a group buy happens.. i know a few people who have put group buys together before.. (elite?.. ;D)

8. bareefers

bareefers BOD

wow.. didn't realize how old the original post was..

9. tonggao

tonggao Guest

I'd be interested in a DC4 also if the group buy happens.

10. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

didn't this happen while ago from the RC forum? or maybe it was a different one.

Now that I think about it, heck I might get another DC8 =/

let me know about pricing on a dc8 =)

11. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

ha. funny this got brought back up. I'm gonna be buying a ac jr soon. wouldn't mind a group rate.

12. Elite

Elite Guest

There is a guy in LA who can sell them at a pretty good price. But we will need more people to buy the controller.

13. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

I'm in if we do this.

14. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Yeah over year old Didnt get enough partipants and I actually bought mine through the premium aquatics group buy on RC last year.

15. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

It's too bad the whole DIY controller project on RC died, having seen a talk Andy gave at a very early BAR meeting that had a lot of potential, and was relatively cheap compared to other controllers out there.

16. bareefers

bareefers BOD

i think it was gal at reeftanksupply who did a ac jr gb down in la on rc that i got in on last fall about a month before elite's.. but i think elite had a better pricing, though i'm not sure who he went through.. sounds like folks are always looking for ac jr.'s and extra dc4/8 to expand capabilities.. though if there is a way to even DIY a dc4/8 easily/safely/cheaply for a BAR meeting i would definitely be down! ;D

17. Elite

Elite Guest

Yup we got really good price last time. It was the best you can find. I let you guys know when I get more info.

18. Elite

Elite Guest

Here are the prices .. I will give the person who want to setup this up the guy's email address if you are setting this up.
    I think the website has a better price than mine.
    http://www.thereefhut.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_126_208&products_id=418

AC Jr, DC8, with std ph probe 1-7 254$, 8-15 248$ 16+ 240$
    serial interface is 25$ additional.
    dc8 1-5 157$ 6-11 152$ 12+ 147$
    dc4 1-5 117$ 6-11 102$ 12+ 96$
    ph solutions are 1$ea
    ground isolated serial interface cable 40$ea
    aquanotes 68$

paypal will be 3% fee or about 7$ for the acjr package, fee will increase with extras.
    shipping will be a flat fee of 9$
    if multiple items are to be shipped to one address then shipping will go up based on units, 9$ for first unit and 5$ for each additional unit.
    no tax on any items

19. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

what is the deal with that group buy on that web site. that is an insane deal that i would jump on first thing tomorrow. to me though it sounds a bit fishy.

anyone have any input on that vendor?

20. kmaintl

kmaintl Guest

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=954560&highlight=ac+jr
    Last BAR GB was $245 and includes Serial Port & Std pH Probe.