Kessil

Neptune Aquatics 435G SPS Display Tank Build

Finally! tank came in from LeeMar today.... 60"x36"x26". Starphire glass is soooo awesome!

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

Couple more weeks for the refugium sump and stand to be completed and we're gonna get this baby rolling like a super star!

Wow...Awesome :D**

Question - Why the hole in the bottom for draining water during wcs? Seems like if a valve were to fail/crack/leak you drain the whole tank. Why not 1/4 way from the top or something to limit the amount of water that 'could' get drained?

iCon said:

Question - Why the hole in the bottom for draining water during wcs? Seems like if a valve were to fail/crack/leak you drain the whole tank. Why not 1/4 way from the top or something to limit the amount of water that 'could' get drained?

I am trying to minimize too many visible plumbing parts in the tank. Also, yes there is a chance of a leaking valve. However, that shouldn't be a problem as long as the structural integrity of the bulk head used is uncompromise. If you use a double threaded bulkhead, you can temporarily plug either sides of it to replace any defective part from the opposite side without having to drain the entire tank.

robert4025 said:
iCon said:

I am trying to minimize too many visible plumbing parts in the tank. Also, yes there is a chance of a leaking valve. However, that shouldn't be a problem as long as the structural integrity of the bulk head used is uncompromise. If you use a double threaded bulkhead, you can temporarily plug either sides of it to replace any defective part from the opposite side without having to drain the entire tank.

Thanks for the explanation. This whole monster tank thing is new to me :D Can't wait to see it up and running!

slim_jim989 said:
Looking good are u going to go swiming in it first though
+1
You're small enough to fit in it, right? If not see if you can trade a frag w/ Gimmito to borrow his kids so you can get a pic of them swimming in it. :D

CookieJar said:
slim_jim989 said:
Looking good are u going to go swiming in it first though
+1
You're small enough to fit in it, right? If not see if you can trade a frag w/ Gimmito to borrow his kids so you can get a pic of them swimming in it. :D

dc019f52.jpg

My kids will pose in your tank for frags ! :bigsmile:

Got the skimmer in today and it's HUGE!

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

Stand should be ready next week! Now, only if I can get Gen to stop lolli gagging on the refugium....

Back