Neptune Aquatics 435G SPS Display Tank Build

Discussion in 'Neptune Aquatics' started by robert4025, Jul 8, 2011.

1. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Looking real good their man.......

2. scuba71

scuba71 Supporting Member

Wow... that's awesome.

3. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Everything looks great! The only comment is can't you put at least put one tunnel in that wall of rock? :D

4. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

WOW.. super clean set up! very, very impressive Robert!

5. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Thanks for the kind compliments guys. The tank turned out alright. I had a lot of other ideas for it but ended up scrapping a lot of them due to the fact this is a commercial display so there are certain things that are not suitable for it. On the other hand, I will get to implement them on my own new personal tank soon! Hehe

Bill...lol...there are actually a lot of tunnels and caves there. Pics just couldn't capture that affect. You should come check it out yourself. Btw....both your chalices are doing great!

6. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Hi guys...sorry for the long pause. Busy season is here so I've been kinda swamp with day-day work around the shop. Got a short break today so I thought I share some new pics of how the tank is progressing.

BTW...Gen of Kritter tank came through and modifed that skimmer cup issue. He pretty shrunk the cup by about 2" in diameter and height. The skimmer is now skimming like a beast!

[​IMG]

The corals was added about 4 weeks ago. It's a work in progress so within the next few months or years, I will continue to post new pics to update everyone how the corals are doing under the AI's. As of now, I am very happy with the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. scuba71

You've been busy. Absolutely stunning. Makes me want to shell out for a Lee-Mar. ;-)

8. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Thanks Monzer. I say go for it. You only get to live once so what are you saving your money for? Lol

9. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

looks great robert..... i really am digging the FHI rock every day more n more

10. scuba71

Did I ever tell you how much I hate you? :p

11. Cool_Relax

Cool_Relax Guest

Great Job Robert! I need to stop by with my lawn chair and really suck in all the beauty you have put together in your office!

12. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

LOL..Thank You! Glad you enjoy the tank as much as I do... :)

So I added some fish...about two dozen different anthias, and a bunch of cool little nano gobies. I eventually want about 4 dozen of Anthias in the tank as well as about dozen of social wrasses and a bunch of nano fish. I am about 15% into stocking fish...hehe. Hope you guys enjoy the pics... :bigsmile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Robert

13. 99sf

99sf Guest

Wow, Robert, that tank looks amazing! Like the way you mounted the lights--very sleek. Is there a hidden Vortech somewhere near the wall (see the controller)?

14. Apon

Apon Volunteer

what no clams in there yet?

15. LeviT

LeviT Guest

That looks awesome! I need to get my butt over there. I even have a couple of gift cards burning a hole in my pocket but it's hard to get out that way.

16. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Awesome! The pink b-nest from Tom's tank!

17. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Very nice Robert.

I'm with you with the fish choices, I don't even want large fish anymore save for a couple tangs maybe as the true herbivores (algae pickers) of the tank, but can imagine a ton of tiny "nano fish" would have a much cooler impact visually with less of a biological impact.

18. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Mike...yep yep! that's how I had originally envisioned the tank stocking should be. I like small fishes as there's so much more personalities to them. The best part is even when you add a bunch of them, it's like you're just adding one big fish. The only two "big" fish I have in there are the Naso and Achilles and they serves the exact purpose as you described...heavy duty algae janitors...haha.

19. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

99SF - Yes, there's two MP60 mounted toward the back of the tank on the left and right side of the overflow. If you look close enough, you can actually see them in some of the pics.

Arnold...I am still looking for a worthy clam to be in there...lol

Levi....yes, you need to get your ass over to the sho asap. I've met you once during the my first BAR meeting years ago so I think it's time we get re-acquainted... :)

Jeremy...haha...yeah...it's a super nice piece but it's just so freakin huge! That's why I just took it out about an hour ago because it was blocking all the flow from the Vortech...lol. I replaced it with a very nice flat deep water acro which I will post later.

20. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I'm trying :)