Neptune Systems Aqua Controller Group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by jeremys, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jeremys

jeremys Guest

Hey Everyone, most of you don't know me, I've been active in CVR for about a year and have been to 2 BAR swaps, and ran the booth for CVR at Baymac.

I'm putting on a GB for Aqua Controllers, I started it in CVR and now extending it to NVR and BAR. If anyone is interested please post what controller you would like and any accessories. This list is to to get an idea of how many controllers we will be buying, if you don't like the pricing when the actual GB is started you can opt out, But please don't post unless you are seriously interested in buying, I will be sending a list in to get pricing in a couple of days I'm hopping to have pricing but this weekend.

thanks jeremys

here's a link to Neptune
    http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=45#2

2. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I am interested in the ACJr + DC8. I would also consider the AC3 + DC8 is the price of the AC3 is good. I know it's too wishy washy to say "this or the other" so put me down for ACJr+DC8 for now. When you get pricing I might switch. (Sorry, that was just as wishy washy).

V

3. jeremys

jeremys Guest

no problem I don't even know which one Im getting yet, depends on price ;D

Vincerama2---------AC+DC8

pending pricing

4. Eight

Eight Guest

I'd like pricing on a DC8

5. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

So any news Jeremy?

V

6. jeremys

jeremys Guest

I'm waiting for all the stores that asked to do the GB to get their price list to me, the GB will start Monday night or Tuesday morning. It will run for a week.
    thanks jeremy

7. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Jeremy, I may drop my order, someone on RC is selling me an AC jr & DC8. I'll let you know Monday night.

V

8. mckevinfang

mckevinfang Guest

Interested in ac jr. + DC8 what's the GB price??

9. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Sorry, I'm out. I just picked up a used AC Jr and DC8!

V

10. jeremys

jeremys Guest

Thier is problems with the main GB on CVR I will keep you posted, it will only be a day or two
    thanks jeremy

11. mckevinfang

mckevinfang Guest

still interested in ac jr. +DC8 temp probe+lab ph how much??
    reefgeek sells them for $279 shipped?

12. interested in same as mckevinfang. pls send me pricing..

13. Eight

Eight Guest

Hey, can't wait any longer on the DC8, so I'm just going to go get one on my own. Thanks.

14. jeremys

jeremys Guest

sorry guys, the main GB with CVR had a lot of troubles, so I washed my hands of it, a LFS in Fresno is handling it know, some one from MARS is getting something together, I PMed her so I will let you guys know what happens. If we get 5 or 6 of the same item I could still get the controllers, but after what happened I'm leary about doing a GB again (ever)

PM me your # if you have any questions
    thanks jeremys

15. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14731354#post14731354

here is a link to the group buy from MARS (BlueNassarius started this one)... So far good price, $230 for ACJr, DC8, temp and ph probe (don't quote me on price, just go check out the thread!)

V

16. jeremys

jeremys Guest

thanks Vincerama2, the fish store in Fresno made a big stink about doing this GB(not the one through MARS) instead of using the fish store I was going to use, then Curt form Neptune Systems put the kabaush on it saying the controllers had to be sold at suggested retail prices, so no more Aqua controller GB through CVR. :bigsmile: it's funny how things work out :bigsmile:

After all this I think I'm staying away form Neptune Systems and going with Digital Aquatics, a lot that were going to buy the ACjr are also talking about going with the reef keeper

Sorry again for all the problems
    thanks jeremys