got ethical husbandry?

New A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" rimless starphire tank

Man, working on the tank, took a slow turn, only did some clean up and hung the light, which is a little crooked, and has to be fixed.
IMG_5075.jpg

Hardest part of the move, getting the aquascape set and chisel the corals and make some permanent mounts..that will take a week probably

Thanks Imus, but I had Fred there, and he and Nate just sat and watched,.....LOL....
Here are some better quality pictures.
PO'd Acans cuz I moved them for the shot
craig10.jpg

craig11.jpg

craig4.jpg

craig5.jpg

craig6.jpg

craig9.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Nah it's bright orange... branching too ;) Just making fun because the sunlight picture you showed it looks a little on the brown side, so sunlight is nice... but it definitely does have some disadvantages.

Is your frag in low flow, because I can't get it to branch too much, everyone I've given frags to, has it branching. Maybe I should stop breaking the branches when the form... :p

Well my frag isn't directly near a powerhead, however I have 3 vortechs on the backwall of a 4 foot tank so there's flow going around it, in a pulse mode mind you. I do know flow does go by there since I see the food travel near it when I feed. We'll see, maybe it's just telling me "Time to frag me dude!" :D (next meeting frags go back out)

Yup, it was one of the coral's that lost a little color in the move...some of the "sky" has turned a little on the brown side, but I'm confident it will be back to it's wonderful coloration. Hope those manuals worked out for you, I know the translation isnt the best.

About the Setosa, I thought maybe I blasted it with too much flow, and thats why it didnt branch like any of it's offspring. Oh well, guess that theory was shot down. Great to hear its about ready to pass on.... :bigsmile:

there isnt any real trim on the stand, but the face frame is made of 1x4's I believe, they did a nice job on it.

yeah the setosa is one of my favorites, and the Yuma is the last of several that I had last year that melted. Ive had it a little over a year I guess, and when its fully inflated, it's around 3+" in diameter.

trim meaning non plywood, the real wood pieces he built the face frame with (1x4's) :) I did see that prior to painting and it was slick. Glad you posted pics as now I can see it finished and filled.

Back