New A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" rimless starphire tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by fishez4alivin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. impressive setup!

2. artguzman

artguzman Guest

Craig...its always nice to see your tank updates!

3. Thanks guys...the tank is just over 4 months old, and so far so good...Ive added another MP40W so 3 total in the display, and I am going to make a frag section in my sump, I have purchased a MP10 for that, and a Giesemann Nova to light it....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Elite

Elite Guest

Tank looks great Craig.. very clean too...

5. Thanks Phong, when are you gonna come fishing?

6. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

great photos.

7. Elite

Elite Guest

Whenever you have spot available on the weekend :bigsmile:.. The wife doesn't let me go on the weekday :mad: :angry:

8. screebo

screebo Guest

Tanks looks great! Nice assortment of chalice too! REAL nice!

9. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Sweet!!!!!
    Tank looks great!
    How is the boat?
    Sport crab is off the hook off of Stinson in 70-80'

10. Boats doing well, I just scored a huge Carl Moyer Grant award to repower the boat this spring. Getting two of these with new twin disc electronically controlled gear boxes.
    [​IMG]
    I am commercial crab fishing the boat right now, it's been a lot better then expected. The fact all the big northern boats didn't come down helped out the local fleet in a huge way.

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'm not sure what is cooler, your tank or that CAT :lol:

12. The Cat is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cooler, especially the gear boxes which have electronic sync, trolling valves, and a feature for leaving the dock...Because of the high horsepower, the gearboxes need to slowly engage to dock the boat/leave the slip, it's a super sweet set up, I'm really excited about it and the fact I will have a 30 knot top end

13. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

30 knot top end? DAMNNNNNNNN :) the dock feature sounds cool and very useful.

14. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

That is very cool that you got the grant.
    You will be "Da man" with that new set up.
    30 knots is amazing!

15. I just want it so I have it when I need it, such as shooting the bar when there is a breaking bar condition..or if I need to run 25 miles for a hot tuna bite. :D

16. slim_jim989

slim_jim989 Guest

Nice looking tank, and im glad to see that the superman milli is growing down here.

17. mpoletti

mpoletti Guest

Very nice Craig. Its been really nice to watch your tank fill in and progress.

18. Thanks Mark, I saw your thread on nippers, and have been debating it for awhile, I saw a 3" Majestic at LGF in Oakland, been watching it for a couple of weeks....I had one about 10 years ago, and after tearing that tank down, I vowed to get another one day... :p

Jim, I got that mille from PUGroyale on RC, he tossed it in with a pack...it grows pretty fast

19. So I got a Majestic, but it wasn't the toughest fish, so I had to bring it back, and get my second choice. This guy is getting along famously, eating anything I put in the tank.
    Emperor Angel
    [​IMG]
    Aussie Enchinata
    [​IMG]
    FTS
    [​IMG]
    Morning Actinics
    [​IMG]
    Chalices
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]