High Tide Aquatics

new anemone

I'm by no means an expert, but that anemone looks... umm oddly colored.

Looks bleached and dyed.. however don't take my word on it, I just have never seen such a pale highlighter yellow color of anemone.

sfsuphysics said:
I'm by no means an expert, but that anemone looks... umm oddly colored.

Looks bleached and dyed.. however don't take my word on it, I just have never seen such a pale highlighter yellow color of anemone.

Same thought

Looks bleached to me, though hard to say.
I have seen many green BTA's with purple tips that are similar, if not exactly, like what you have. FWIW, none of them were "that" kind of green.

A_Lee said:
Definitely bleached
:)

Call the LFS and ask for a refund and tell them you read up on it and figured out it was bleached. If the LFS is any good, they'll refund you. It will more than likely slowly die, but I can't say this for sure because I don't know what your lighting and expertise is like.
For future reference, when buying an anemone alway pick the one that looks deepest in color, and make sure that the tentacles are stubby. :)
I would ID you anemone as a bleached green bubble tipped anemone because the only nem I've ever see that's green with purple tips is a BTA, however I'm not an expert so I may possibly be wrong.

If you want a healthy BTA, they always have very nice ones for great deals at Aquarium Concepts.
Check out Karen's Rose Anemones and you can find loads of information about BTAs. :)

eldiablosrt8 said:
Aquatic collection best bet on local nem IMO but alot of propogated ones local too

The nem in the pic below was at Aquatic Collection last year. :)
I took the time to dig through the forums and find this picture of their amazing Sunburst RBTA. :bigsmile:
sunburst.jpg

Back