Kessil

New build 90 gallon Lee Mar rimless starphire

Hey all just picked up my Lee Mar 90g rimless starphire 48x24x18 from neptune aquatics...Also grabbed 2 mp40's and 2 radions from my boys at aquatic collection thanks Karson and Joe!!! I still have to build the stand and mod a 40g tank into the fuge/sump this week. I also have a reef octopus skimmer laying around i was hoping to use as long as it is sufficent enough. Any suggestions or comments are always appreciated. I will try to upload some pics shortly

Thanks I cant wait to get some water in the tank but I know it takes time and patience and alot of planning... I will post some pics of th stand build shortly

Thanks guys Im for sure going sandy bottom white with real reef rock. I was playin around with my mp40 and it doesnt want to stick.. I have 1/2 inch glass and heard it would be no problem for the 40. Any recomendations

P.S That is an Ecotech Baby lol

That's a very sweet tank and exactly the dimensions I'm lusting over. It should be a fantastic setup. What are you planning for the stand?

IM SO SALTY said:
Thanks guys Im for sure going sandy bottom white with real reef rock. I was playin around with my mp40 and it doesnt want to stick.. I have 1/2 inch glass and heard it would be no problem for the 40. Any recomendations

P.S That is an Ecotech Baby lol

Have you adjusted the spacer on the MP40 to the recommended setting? Also, I've had trouble sometimes getting the MPX tos tick when the pump is running.

I do recall some people having problems with vortechs "sticking" through some of the black backed oceanic tanks. I forget why though.

As Gomer said, spacer could be the problem, mine sticks fine through 1/2 glass. Definitely needs to be turned off to make it stick right. I knocked the wet side off while cleaning yesterday, and it refused to go back on till I turned off the dry side.

Maybe someone who knows more about magnets would know the answer to this, but Sapphire glass is just low-iron glass right? Could this affect the performance of the magnet, or is the iron too low in "regular" glass to make a difference?

Starphire glass is PPG's low iron glass. Mainly just a transparency thing and shouldn't affect the magnetic field in any meaningful way.

Sapphire is crystalline aluminum oxide and something entirely different (and not technically a glass :p)

any suggestions on mounting the radions. I have the light hanging kits but was wondering which way would cover the tank better. I was thiking of running them long ways with the length of the tank. Tank dimensions are 48x24x18tall

Back