Kessil

New build 90 gallon Lee Mar rimless starphire

Just got the stand finished and tank on top of it. Leveling it was pretty easy thanks to the 8 threaded feet I put on the bottom of the stand. Heres a couple of photos. I'm getting close guys....cant wait to get it all plumbed so i can put some waterin it.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/Radion hang 1.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Radion hang 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/stand8.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Tank n Stand 1.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/Tank n Stand 2.jpg

Beautiful stand man. Nice work. Looks very sleek with the modern rimless tank. Gonna be a very cool look when it's running.

The cycle begins got it all plumbed and filled with water after about three trips to home depot. I have been adding microbacter from brightwell for three days to hopefully speed up the process. Does anyone know where i could score a bunch of different macro algaes. I already have a bunch of chaeto but looking for some differnt types. I will post some more pics of the sump and plumbing once i get the wring all cleaned up stay tuned

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/cycle 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/cycle 3.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/cycle 4.jpg

Much to my dismay I had to tear down the tank...... My grandmother will be moving up to Sacramento near my parents so I will be moving into her place shortly... It is actually a good thing as I will be saving an astronomical amount of money moving into her house.... The tank will be back up shortly stay tuned guys and gals I will be back

That's kind of a setback but on the other hand it's already a chance to fix things that would have annoyed you for years had you been able to keep the tank up.

That looks awesome!

On a side note, I can't stop myself from saying that you might want to build in a safety of some type for the autotopoff.com switch, or whatever you choose. If you ever get any kind of leak in the system, it will continue to add top off as the leak drains water. One method is to use a very slow pump, such as a peristaltic pump, or put the top off on timer so it can only come on for a short while. Another option is to use a reservoir on the small side, but then you have to maintain it often.

Their switches work great otherwise.

A water alarm is nice if you have a leak!
http://www.thewateralarm.com/wateralarm/products/The-Square-Water-Alarm.html

There are a lot to choose from.
I found some on eBay once for under $10

Back