Our mission

New Clams

Well I felt sorry for myself. Actually felt pretty beat up after this acro-eating flatworm thing (still doing weekly dips) with the sps.

So....

I decided to cash in on the gift certficate that I won at the raffle that Barry from Clamsdirect.com so generously donated to our raffle some months ago.

DSCN1492.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1490.jpg

Sorry Mike and Arnold for not including you, but this tank has been such a nightmare lately.

The clams made a really nice early birthday present to myself.

Yeah, I really like that one too. It has almost a tear-drop design on them.

Btw, the clams are huge - each one could easily fit in the palm of my hand vs. the teeny tiny ones you can get. I think each size was roughly 3.5 to 4 inches; however they seemed bigger.

If I do get more clams (probably will) I'll ask around first to save on the shipping and box fee.

Actually I was supposed to get the clams on Tuesday, but FedEx had a little screwup and lost the package.

Barry was on the phone and probably in the process of chewing them out, and the box was redirected to me for delivery yesterday.

They looked okay, but obviously a little stressed out (the maxima is definitely stressed out).

Your right I did not dip or quarentine - I might have done a dip if they were the day before but didn't want to stress them out further.

No more sps for me for the next four or so months. LPS, clams, and many softies are looking very attractive to me right now.

you should have told me, I would have ordered....I lost the one I got from Mark (gigas) in the heat wave 2 weeks ago.

How quick do those clams grow? Like If I had one that was one inch, how long before it is 2 inches, or 3 inches? (Under good lighting and being fed phyto?)

V

I didn't think he grew that fast in my tank, but who knows. I did have my algae blenny sit on the clam mantle everyday for months and it didn't bother him. I also thought if the clam closed up the blenny is dead.

So Eileen with the clams in the reactor going up?

Nope no calcium reactor yet (as in not setup). I have been watching my calcium and alk levels periodically and they all seem to be in line. The frags seem to not be growing a whole lot more so now that they have to be treated every week.

The clams are doing real well.

Vincerama2 said:
How quick do those clams grow? Like If I had one that was one inch, how long before it is 2 inches, or 3 inches? (Under good lighting and being fed phyto?)

V

Vince,

The Arnold's gigas or mine?

I have two croceas, one new maxima (teardrops are awesome), and a baby gold maxima.

Back